Thursday, September 6, 2012

Summer Update!!

 I found a few random pictures on my phone and decided a better post a "summer update"!  We had such a good summer.  I really enjoyed my time with the boys and never really wished school would hurry up and start (maybe I've wished that in the past:).

We said good-bye to the Draper's.  They were only here for a short time, but Kim and I developed an easy friendship.  I was so sad to see them go:(  Seems like all I do is say good-bye to friends.
 After our final baseball game, we headed to Chick-fil-a for dinner.  Turns out, it was dress like a chicken day and if you wore the chicken hat you got a free sandwich or kids meal.  So, of course, we ALL wore the hat!  The Drennan's were there too, which just made it even more funny...and fun:)
 Beau went to his first "big boy" birthday party!  Gavin turned 2 and he had a party at the Monkey House.  He looks so big sitting there with his friends!
 Evan went to church camp.  And had a BLAST!!  He and Jonathan Mitchell have become really good friends and I love it!  It's nice to have a friend that I know also.  I love Cindy and know Jonathan a great friend for Ev!
 We found out teachers the day before we left for the beach.  Evan got Mr. Parker/Mrs. Franks and he was SO thrilled!  Blake got Mrs. Young, Mr. Elliott, and Mrs. Monchamp.  He didn't know who he wanted, but he is glad to know some friends in his class!
 We have spent a lot of time going to the library this summer.  Both of my big boys have read a lot, and I LOVE it!  Blake has gotten really interested in Physics lately.  He checked out this book, and I glanced back in the back seat one day and saw this.  Just a little light afternoon reading:)

 Savannah Baldwin had a birthday party at the Vache and Mason invited Blake to come so he wouldn't be the only boy.  They had fun and look WAY too grown up in this picture!!

The boys have worked hard mowing this summer.  They have mowed our yard, Granny's, and the Scoggin's yards all summer long.  And, mowed one of our neighbors a couple of times when they were out of town. 

Beau and Granny while the boys mow!

Ev all hot and sweaty with Granny!
I'm very proud of them for working so hard.  And, they both have quite a little nest egg saved up.  I'm glad they are willing to work hard and help out.  Just a note for my memory....they DO NOT get paid for mowing our yard.  That's just part of the price of living here:)

No comments: