Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Guatemala Trip - part 6

Saturday-Our travel home day.  We were up around 8ish and had breakfast.

Because we skipped one night of devotions, my time was shuffled to the morning before we left to go back home.  In retrospect...definitely God's timing.  In one of our meetings before we left, Jeff wanted us all to lead a devotion time during the week.  We all selected a certain day.  Mine was sometime during the week, in fact I think it may have been Tuesday - the day some of our group was sick.  In the weeks before we left, I would read verses and wonder/ask God if this is what I should share while in Guatemala.  I kept coming up empty until I looked back at verses, thoughts etc.. that I had been writing down in a notebook for the past couple of years.  That's when I came across this little gem.  Ecclesiastes 12:13...Fear God and Do what He tells you.  Which brought Acts 1:8 to mind and then Matthew 28:19-20.  I also came across this - Our goal is...We must simply stand before God with a prepared and willing heart & then let God do His Work.  In my part 1 post, I made the comment this trip was not on my radar - obviously it was on God's, he had been preparing me for awhile.  It's all about Perspective.  God knew all along who would go, what we would eat, what we would laugh about, who would get sick, who we would visit, who we would pray with and who would except the free gift of salvation. 

What a trip.  I'll go again.  I may not see some of the same people this side of heaven again - but everyone will have a place in my heart and memory.

We would pack up and leave the Arkansas House around 10:30a.  We checked in and all said our goodbyes to David and Glynis - It's been a great week!

We all made it through security without any issues.  We had lunch in the airport @ McDonald's.
We boarded the plane and were off to Atlanta.



We had wi-fi on our international flight when we were close to the United States, the delta app worked for free.

We landed in Atlanta.
We made it through customs.  Luckily I didn't get in trouble as I followed Evan's football game via text in the custom's line.  There were signs everywhere telling us to turn off our cellphones and that not to use them.

We had to have Chick-fil-a while we were in ATL.  Jeff & I both wanted a Dr. Pepper with ours...we forgot that Atlanta is Coke country.

We boarded for our last leg to Fort Smith.  It's at this time I was very thankful for Randal Barbry and him booking our last flight to Fort Smith.  I'm not sure I would've have made it on a bus ride from XNA.  The Guatemalan's Revenge was catching up with me.  Thank God again for imodium.

Erin picked me up at the airport, used the best airport bathroom in the United States, picked up my luggage and headed home.  So glad to see my family.  This was the first time I had been away from them for an entire week.

I'm glad to be home...but I miss our friends in Guatemala.
They speak Spanish - We speak English, however this barrier didn't get in the way.
They use the same bible we do, they sing the same songs we do.  Love for others and Love for God knows no boundaries.

No comments: