Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year!

 Travis and I started the new year off with an awesome date night!!  It wasn't actually New Year's Eve, but close enough:)  We went to Talianos for dinner and it was SO nice.  Sometimes you just forget how nice it is to go to a quiet restaurant and not be in a hurry at all.  We had an amazing meal, and a great time just enjoying each others company.  Oh, and by the way, believe it or not, Talianos has the BEST fried pickles ever!!

After dinner we went to Target and just looked around.  Then we went to Starbucks and had coffee.  A perfect night with my sweetie!!  Thanks Nonnie & Poppy for keeping the kiddos!
 Back when we moved GaGa and Dessa into Brookfield, I brought this piece of furniture home.  I loved it for so many reasons.  It had been in GaGa and Dessa's house for years so it has lots of sentimental value.  I also just thought it was cute.  Lots of potential.  So, I finally decided to make it pretty and put it into use!

The before....
 In progress.....Thankfully my friend Sherry is just down the street and was willing to come down and tutor me as I went;)  I never thought I would pick such a "color", but as Travis and I were talking about it, (and talking about what shade of gray it should be), I said maybe we should just go for a big pop of color.  He jumped all over it.  Since he is my interior guy, I have learned to trust his instinct.  He brought home a color fan deck and we decided on a color.  I LOVE it!
 After the "waxing".  So glad Sherry was willing to loan me her supplies!!
 And...the final project!!  I decided to keep the original hardware.  Again, just a sentimental thing that made it more special to me!!
 One day before school started back Poppy took the boys "treasure hunting".  Since Blake got a metal detector for Christmas he needed to start "searching".  Poppy got a metal detector too, so they had plenty of supplies!  They had a blast, and found a few "treasures" in the process!
 Sharon decided to come down one Saturday night for a "Girl's Night".  It had been WAY too long!  It was great to hang out with good friends and enjoy a beautiful meal!






2013 is off to a great start!



No comments: