Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Decor

 I absolutely LOVE the house decorated for Christmas.  But, I absolutely HATE doing it.  I truly start to feel sick when I know it's time to decorate for Christmas.  I don't know why, but it just totally stresses me out!!  So, this year I decided I was only getting out the stuff that I love.  I'm certainly no interior decorator, so I decided I wasn't putting any pressure on myself.  Just put out what I like where I think I will like it.  

I decorated really early this year (the week before Thanksgiving) and I thoroughly enjoyed it every single day it was up!  I took some pictures for our memories sake....not to impress anyone with my lack of decorating skills:)

Our tree.  There is NO rhyme or reason.  Every single ornament has some sentimental value.  It's a jumble of everything and I LOVE it!!  It has clear and colored lights and it is beautiful to me!!
 I put a tree up in the dining room this year for me.  It has all of my Lenox ornaments that match my china on it.  My Aunt Jan started giving me these ornaments years ago and they are very special to me.  I haven't put them up in a couple of years because I didn't want to be mad at Beau if he broke one:)
 Evan put a little tree in his room.  Sharon gave us some blue lights and ornaments (since she didn't need a Bulldog tree anymore).  He put them on "blinking" mode.  Ha!  Whatever.  I wanted him to love his tree in his room!
 These Santa hats were a "craft" Sherry, Sharon,and I did a few years ago.  I still love them!
 Just a touch of Christmas on my coffee table.
 This is one of those recordable Hallmark books.  Becky made it last year for the boys and Beau LOVED it this year.  I'll be I listened to NaNa read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" 100 times this year:)
 This is probably on of my MOST favorite Christmas decorations.  I made it last year and I just love it!!
 The side of our refrigerator covered in Christmas cards.  One of my most favorite things about Christmas!
 This nativity set is one of my most prized Christmas possessions.  My Nana's next door neighbor, Mrs. Robertson made it for us when I was a little girl.  I treasure it.
 A little something on our table.
 My little tree in the hearth room.
 The mantle.  I simplified big time this year and loved the simple look!
One of my most favorite things to do is sit on the couch in the dark and look at my Christmas tree.  Perfection!
So, I un-decorated yesterday.  I hate un-decorating almost as much as putting it up:)  But, it's over again for 11 more months!  Woo Hoo to an un-cluttered house!!!

No comments: