Well, Travis and I decided that we were in agreement that we were ready to "officially" be finished having babies! Crazy how excited I was. I always thought how in the world can someone say the are "done"??? Well, when you get there its EASY!! Ha!
The question was, who would do it. If you know Travis at all, you know that the chances of him EVER voluntarily agreeing to any type of medical procedure was slim to none. So, I decided I would bite the bullet and just have a tubal. It helped the decision a little that our insurance covered it 100% with no co-pay or deductible.
We had to be at Sparks (weird, never been there for anything before, but since Mercy is Catholic, I had no choice) at 11 on Friday. My sweet MIL came and got Beau and took him to her house so that I wouldn't have to worry about him. My precious dad came and sat in the waiting room with Travis and I. I told him it totally was not necessary, but he insisted. And, it was nice knowing he cared enough to just sit there for me:)
He might have gotten a little sleepy at some point in hour 1.5 wait in the waiting room:)
I finally got called back and everything happendd pretty quickly. So weird to be on the "patient" side of it all. I've prepped hundreds of patients for surgery, but it's very different when it is yourself.
The bracelet and "the socks". WEIRD!!
The IV and me looking pretty excited!! Little did I know how miserable I would be just a couple of hours later:(
Everything went totally fine. I woke up hurting really bad. Thank goodness for good drugs. By the time I got to recovery my mom was there and she and Travis helped me get ready to go. The smile on my face at this point must have been a drug-induced illusion. I was pretty miserable!!
The next several days were truly some of the most miserable of my life. I was expecting to lay low Friday night and Saturday and be back to normal by Sunday. Ha!!! I have NEVER hurt so bad in my life...and I had 3 babies completely naturally!! It was intense! It didn't help that I ended up with a horrible sinus infection on top of everything else.
I finally ended up at my parents house on their couch because they have recliners and I could be halfway comfortable and breathe. It's times like that when you are SO thankful for your family. Travis was SO sweet and good and took care of the boys when I couldn't. And my parents were SO sweet to take care of me and wait on me hand and foot. By Monday morning I was back at home, but it took me until a week later to really start feeling normal again.
So, in retrospect, I'm so glad I did it, but I'm SO glad it's over!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment