Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blake's First Cotillion!!!

This afternoon was Blake's first Junior Cotillion event.  He looked SO grown up in his jacket and tie!!  I can't believe he is old enough for this.

It was SO cute to see all the boys sweating, and all the girls so cute and giggly.  I have to say though,that as a mom, the whole thing was extremely painful to watch :).  The boys were so akward and I could just FEEL Blake's pain.  When it cam time to ask a girl to dance, he just froze.  The teen leaders eventually paired him up with a girl (actually 2).  He wasn't alone, though.  Most of the 5th graders had to be paired up.  There were WAY more girls than boys, so several of the boys had to have 2 partners.
After the dance and etiquette lesson they had to escort their girls out to the lobby and offer them punch and cookies.  Here is Blake being polite :).
As soon as they got through the line, the boys booked it to one side of the room and the girls went to the other.  It was too cute.  I think the refreshments were the only thing that Blake was comfortable with the whole afternoon.
Here are he and Mason looking so handsome!!
After it was over, I asked him what he thought.  I was totally expecting him to say he didn't want to go back.  Instead I got "Well, I learned to dance and it was pretty fun".  Really???  Great, I guess there won't be any arguments about going back next month!!  We've just got to pick out a Hollywood:Blast From the Past costume.  Any suggestions???

1 comment:

meeksmiles33 said...

It was so fun watching them! I can't wait for Lauren and Blake to dance. We will have to get a picture of that.