Well, mom and dad were planning to leave for a 3 week trip to Maine on June 27, and in the middle of the night the night before GaGa had to be taken to the hospital because he couldn't breathe. It just never fails:)
So, I scurried around and got ready and my sweet SIL Amy came down to stay with the kids, and I headed to the hospital. GaGa had major fluid overload (from CHF) and pneumonia. We got him settled into a room, and I convinced mom and dad to go ahead and head out.
Since then, I have spent quite a bit of time in the hospital with GaGa, but thankfully, he is doing MUCH better. He had to get through the 1 year anniversary of Dessa passing away (at St. Edwards) while he lay in a hospital bed at St. Edwards. That was tough. Last Monday we thought he was going to get to come home, but he had a major dizzy spell when he got up with Physical Therapy and the doctor said he wasn't going anywhere.
He was very much against going to rehab at a nursing home. With good reason, since after Dessa went to rehab she was never quite the same. But, at this point I knew he had to have some rehab somewhere. He agreed to try the rehab at the hospital. So, the next day we got him moved upstairs.
He has now been in rehab for 1 week, and is doing really well. He is up walking quite a bit, and he says he is using muscles he hasn't used in years:)
I'm hopeful that he will get to come home in the next week or so. It's been CRAZY!! I have managed to visit every day, and run errands for him to get everything he needs:) I'm so sorry he is having to sit up there, but I know it's the best thing for him. His spirits have been high, and I'm so thankful for that.
Here he is! He LOVES to eat. He says they just don't put enough food on those hospital trays:)
Love my GaGa!! Here's to a quick rehab and discharge home!!
No comments:
Post a Comment