Sunday, July 29, 2012

Nicaragua Part 3


 Our last day we only had a half-day clinic.  It was a nice way to end....not quite so exhausting. After clinic we headed back to the compound for lunch and a little packing.


 The front porch of the compound.
 My home sweet home.  I have never loved an oscillating fan as much as I loved mine this week!
 A bigger view of the girl's room.
 Saying good-bye to my friend, Erica.
 Heidel was another awesome interpreter and a good friend of Erica's.
 This was Cindy, Sherry, and I's permanent place on the van.  We called it the "old lady" row.  Perfect!
 That afternoon we headed into Leon for a little more sight seeing.  This was a cathedral.  Some of our group took a tour, but we just headed to the ice cream shop and rested (like good old ladies:),

 The best ice cream I might have ever eaten.  We were so hot and hungry.  It really was great!

 After that we headed to the beach to watch the sunset.  It was absolutely breathtaking.  A completely different kind of beach than I'm used to (black sand and lots of rocks), but just amazing!
 So peaceful, then the waves would break on those rocks and it was so incredibly powerful!
 This beach was totally undeveloped.  We thought maybe this would be the perfect place for a mission house:)
 WOW!
 Just wow!!
 The view behind us.  Seriously, run down shacks right on this beautiful beach.
 I could have stayed there for a very long time!


 I couldn't have done this trip without Sherry!  Love her!!!
 The sun starting to set.  Going...
 Going...
 Gone.
 Our amazing group.  This was such a great group.  The teenagers were the most mature and hard working teenagers I have ever known. They worked everyday and never complained.  I will never forget these friends or the bonds we formed during this week!
 Bye Bye Nic!!


No comments: