Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Potty Training...Check!

Let me just say that Beau has been , by far, the easiest of my 3 children to potty train!!  I didn't try:)  I had just decided that I wasn't going to push it at all until he was ready to turn 3.  He hasn't really been interested, so we just pretty much didn't mention it. 

Then all of a sudden, he started getting interested in peeing when we would swim.  He would want to get out of the water and pee on the grass.  Then one day I watched him get up from the couch, and walk in the bathroom and he said he had to pee pee.  He continued to do that, and we just continued to help him when he needed it.  
Very quickly, like within a week, he was peeing on the potty pretty much every time.  Pooping was another story.  He really wasn't interested in pooping on the potty. But, after he pooped in his big boy underwear a few times and got Thomas dirty, he got interested in pooping on the potty also.

He goes in the bathroom, climbs up on his potty with his stool (a stool my GaGa made:), and does his thing.  He doesn't even ask for help.  He wipes, then pulls his stool over to the sink and washes his hands.  Crazy!  
By the time I got back from Nicaragua we declared him officially potty trained!  He is still sleeping in a pull up, but 95% of the time he wakes up dry.  We really only had 1 full blown pee on the carpet accident!!  He trickled a couple of times and pee peed in his bed one time during nap, but for the most part it has been great!

He is SO proud of himself and we are SO proud of him!  The only problem so far is that his is terrified of hand dryers in public bathrooms.  So, if we walk in and see a hand dryer, it's a no go.  We just have to go look for some grass outside;)  He does LOVE to pee pee on the grass.  

Thank goodness for easy potty training.  And just in case you are wondering....NO, I wasn't one bit sad to see the diapers leave my house for the last time!!!

No comments: