Evan got to play on the East Pointe Quiz Bowl team this year. The tournament was in Van Buren. Pretty exciting stuff! I was so glad I was able to go watch.
The team getting ready with Mr. Clow.
Poppy drove the bus and NaNa came down from Springdale to watch. So, Ev had quite a cheering section!
Here he is in action. He played very well. I was surprised at how aggressive he was and how much he knew about random stuff:)
Nana and I rode the bus with the kids to lunch at Braums. You can learn a lot on a bus;)
Evan & Grant....these 2 are trouble~
The team getting ready for the afternoon rounds. The first round after lunch they had to play Westwood. Pretty weird playing against your friends...but they managed to WIN!
They ALL wanted to go in and play. Only 4 kids could play at a time.
After many rounds....they WON!!! Woo Hoo!!! Evan was disappointed because Mr. Clow forgot to sub him in during the last round. He didn't think he deserved to be a part of the "winning" since he didn't play the last round. I explained to him that he contributed during other rounds and if they hadn't won those rounds, they wouldn't have gotten to play in the finals. Evan is his worst critic.
I was SO very proud of these kids!! They played hard and won in a crazy overtime! Good job guys!!
No comments:
Post a Comment