Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Quiz Bowl ~ The Pine Bluff Version

 The day before Easter Blake went to the Quiz Bowl Tournament of Champions at Watson Chapel in Pine Bluff.  I really wanted to go, since I haven't gotten to see him play in many tournaments.  Poppy was driving the bus so I decided to go and ride the bus with the team.  We left at 5:30 AM!!

Let me just say....riding a bus at 37 is much different than riding a bus at 17.  Miserable!!!!  But, totally worth it to get to see this guy compete!!
 I was very proud of Blake.  He is one of only 2 7th graders on the team, and he played a big part on the team.  He was aggressive and answered some really hard questions. 
 They served lunch to the kids at the school, so at lunch time dad and I hopped on the GINORMOUS school bus and headed out for some lunch:)  We found a hole in the wall place called "Leon's Steak and Catfish" and it was an EXCELLENT choice!!!  We knew when we walked in and looked around and realized we were looking pretty Caucasian, that it was gonna be GOOD!!!
 Truly, one of the best catfish meals I've ever had!!
 Beautiful!
 We went back and they team played a total of 12 matches.  They finished in 2nd place out of 12 teams!!  VERY impressive!! Blake and Jackson have become friends and I couldn't be happier.  They are cut from the same mold, and are some super smart boys:)
We made the 4.5 hour bus ride home and got home around 10:00 that night.  Late night, but so worth it!!

No comments: