Tuesday, April 30, 2013

St. Louis ~ Day 1

We went to St. Louis recently so Blake could compete in a big Kuk Sool Won tournament.  We dropped Beau off at Nana and Papa's house and headed out early one morning.  It rained ALL the way there!!
 You know you are there when you see the arch!!

 We decided to check in the hotel and do a little sight-seeing.  Union Station was pretty cool!
 Inside view....

It was cold and rainy, so we still couldn't decided about whether to go to the Cardinals game that night or not.  We ended up downtown and ate at Joe Buck's.  SO, so good!!
 It was about 30 minutes until game time, and we still couldn't decide.  So, I checked the Cardinals website and they had dropped the ticket prices!!  So, Travis and Evan decided to go and Blake and I decided to go the the City Museum downtown instead.

Travis and Evan ended up with great seats!!


 It only drizzled a little bit and ended up being a good night for baseball!
 They managed to move down closer and had even better seats!!
 Blake and I had a great time, too!  This museum was amazing!!  Not exactly a traditional museum, but very entertaining.  Notice the school bus on the very top edge of the roof.  Way cool!!
 The outside part was crazy and super fun for kids....not so much for an "old mom" trying to keep up:)  I was totally stressed out.  It seems that every teenage kid from St. Louis all gather here on Friday nights:)
 Some of the "caves" we explored inside. 
 Blake and I out on the roof:)
 He was crawling on his stomach through this narrow tunnel underneath the walking "cage" that was about 3 stories up.  Totally freaked me out!!
 My view above him as he crawled underneath me!
  There was a separate aquarium on the 3rd floor of the museum and Blake LOVED it!!  We spent a good hour and a half there.
 It was pretty cool and had some good stuff.
 Blake read every word on every display!!
 Some super friendly somethings?? I can't exactly remember what they were??
 There was  tunnel you could "slide" through inside the shark tank.  Pretty cool!
 My handsome boy!
We loved this turtle.  Totally felt like we were in "Nemo"..
We had a great evening!  Travis and Evan had a blast, Cardinals won, and Blake and I enjoyed each others company and had fun exploring the museum together.  Fun times!!

No comments: