Monday, April 8, 2013

Projects & Prizes

 We FINALLY got the storage building officially emptied!  The last 2 big pieces of furniture went to mom and dad's house.  Dad put them right where mom parks her car so she would have to decide quickly what to do with them:)  

This dressing table was the one piece she just couldn't squeeze in her house anywhere.  So, she told me to put in on Craigslist. Within a few hours a had a prospective buyer, so I called to tell her.  She BEGGED me to please find a place to put it because she couldn't bear to part with it.  So, we started thinking.  And decided maybe we could use it in our bedroom to replace our computer desk.  The one we had Travis bought at Service Merchandise when he was in college;)

So, the next morning I started my "project".  Here is the before....
 In progess....
 2 coats on....
 Distressed and waxed!
 All moved in.  I really love it!  I also bought a new lamp to replace the one in the picture.  He is bigger and helped to balance everything out.  It really is nice to be able to re-purpose pieces that have such sentimental value!
 Blake and Evan both came home from school one day with good news.  Blake had most AR points in his grade and won a $10 Wal-Mart gift card.  Evan found out that he got Student of the Month!!! YAY!!  So proud of them both!
 Blake went to the 7th grade Quiz Bowl Tournament in Van Buren.  It was a little different from the other tournaments he has been to.  Not nearly as organized and a little chaotic.  They did ok and ended up placing 4th, I think??  I was glad that it was on a MDO day so I was able to go.  Poppy drove the bus so he was there and NaNa also came down to watch.  My children should never doubt how much they are loved!!
 One afternoon when the weather was nice, we went across the street to play with the neighbors.  They found some new friends.  Here is Beau with his snail named "Slimey".

 Liam, Siobhan, and Beau with their HUGE earthworm named "Cheesey".
CUTE!

No comments: