Ok, so let me start this by saying I think this was my VERY favorite PTO project to date!! And, I've been a part of a LOT of PTO projects over the last 8 years. PTO helped to put on a 7th grade dance at East Hills. It was SO.MUCH.FUN.
Sherry and I got really involved with this one. The East Lab at the high school designed a t-shirt and we sold t-shirts to students. We did a little decorating (went with a 70's disco theme), and created a picture backdrop. I volunteered to stock and run the concession stand.
Sherry and I ran a super duper efficient stand:)) Everything was $1.00. Made it super easy!!
Blake and a friend before the dance started!
Sherry and I with our "picture backdrop"!
7th Grade moms are SO cool!!! HA!
Blake Bartlett shocked the heck out of me!! Kid can dance!! Apparently Cotillion has paid off!! He wasn't shy at all about breaking it down!! He didn't do any dancing with girls, but he certainly danced!!
This dance wasn't perfectly 7th grade. The boys and girls stood around and talked and even "group" danced together, but there was very little "couple" dancing. Granted, they probably only played 3 slow songs all night, but I was so happy to see the kids hanging out together enjoying themselves and not "coupling" up. I had blast and so did Blake. I was SO glad I got to be there. Seriously, SO SO fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment