Tuesday, October 15, 2013

AIA Convention and a B-Day Party:)

One of my favorite weekends every year is Travis's AIA Convention.  This year the convention was in Rogers.  Travis always goes up early in the week.  On Thursday morning I got the big boys out the door (they were staying with Nonnie & Poppy's)  and Beau and I headed to Rogers!  We met Nana and got Beau situated with her and then I was free!!
I met Sharon for lunch and it was fabulous!  We had some amazing grilled cheese at Hammontrees and just got caught up!  Then we did a little shopping in downtown Fayetteville.  I enjoyed every minute!

After Sharon had to get home, I made a stop at Hobby Lobby.  I might have gone a little overboard, but I'm ready to wrap some Christmas presents and ready for a little Christmas decorating!  I guess I better wait a few weeks though:)

Travis was the Design Awards Chair this year, so we went to special Speaker Dinner on Thursday night.  It was at Crystal Bridges and it was pretty amazing.  It was my first time at the museum and I was just blown away!  Just the architecture was breathtaking!!  We had a great dinner and got to tour part of the museum.  Then we went back to the hotel and got to spend some time with our friends.  It was a great night!
The next day was Whitney's birthday party!  So, I went to lunch with Katie and Joanie and then met Nana at the mall in Fayetteville for the party.  Beau had a blast!  Unfortunately, he had been up since 2:00 in the morning (poor Nana & Papa), so he was a little cranky.
I LOVE this picture!  I love the reflection of Beau in the mirror.  You can just tell in his face how much he adores Whit!!  And of course, Hayden is right next to him!
This was the point when Beau was hitting the wall.  He was DONE!
I got back to the hotel, and this is what I saw:)  Game day tomorrow!
Friday night was the Awards Dinner.  Since Travis was in charge of the awards, it was a big night for him!  He looked SO handsome in his tux!!
Sweet Joanie and I!
Katie, Joanie, and I and the awesome photobomber, Brady!
Travis doing his "thing".  He was SO great!
The blurb about him in the magazine they gave out that night.  Proud wife.
And, the whole MAHG crew!  We had a blast together!!
Great weekend away with good friends.!  So thankful for the opportunity!!

No comments: