Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Birds & The Bees???

Yesterday after school Evan and our sweet neighbor friend (I'll call her "P" for annonimity :) got in the car and as usual start jabbering ninety to nothing. I usually just sit back and listen and learn A LOT. Well, today the conversation took an interesting turn. It went something like this:

P: You know Evan that when mommas have babies they cut a hole in their tummy and pull the baby out.
Evan: Really? Hey mom, it that true?
Me: Well, yes. Some babies are born when the doctor cuts a small hole in the mommy's tummy and pulls the baby out. It's called a c-section.
P: Yeah, and they sew it up with stitches and you have a huge scar on your tummy.
Evan: Hey mom, do you have a huge scar on your tummy from your "g-second"?
Me: Well, no because I didn't have a c-section.
Evan: How did I get out then?
Me: Well, you were born naturally.
Evan: What's naturally mean? How did I get out?
Me: Hmm, you just came out of my bottom. (The most vague answer I could possible come up with on the spur of the moment)
Evan: Oh (then stunned silence)
P: Oh yeah, and it hurts REAL bad!
Evan: Huh, sure am glad I'm not a girl.

End of conversation.

What fun it is to pick up kindergarteners after school! I think it might be time to do a little explaining to Evan about the birds and the bees. Bad thing is, we haven't even had that conversation with Blake yet. We might be a little behind...

5 comments:

Julie said...

I'm laughing so hard right now!

Sherry Drennan said...

I think you handled it nicely! They are too funny with the things they say. I'd try to make it a little longer on the talk! :0)

Katie said...

That is to funny.Jaden kept asking me what the balls were by his pee pee. He wanted the indepth answer!!! Rob told me he would handle it.. (: I tried explaining but Rob said I was to in depth. Miss you Erin, hope all is well.

Philip said...

I think "P" would quit being a frequent rider in my car!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think "P" is a good rider and quite entertaining!