Today i am actually spending the whole day at home. I have absolutely no where that I am required to be today until 2:30 when I start the after school pick-up. I can't really even remember the last time I had a day like this and I am grateful.
I spent a whole hour this morning reading and digesting a couple of days worth of "30 Days to Live". This book really is a life changer. It's been really hard for me to get in the mind set of acually only having 30 days. I think for me the bigger picture is trying to live my life every day with no regrets. I'm finding that I have a serious case of the "someday" syndrome. I don't really think of myself as a procrastinator, but maybe on really important "feeling" things I am. I have come to the conclusion that somehow I have managed to block myself from "feeling" a lot of things lately. Not just bad things, but good things also. It takes a lot of energy to really "feel" and I've been so busy I have convinced myself I just don't have the time for it.
So, I'm making a really big effort to try. I read this morning about how Jesus is the vine and I am just a branch. I can't DO or FEEL anything on my own. My job is to stay connected to the vine. Let him take care of the rest. So, I'm going to latch on to that vine with both hands and let God truly have control of my thoughts, feelings, and actions.
Wow, it's funny how just writing something down helps you gain perspective. I have always wanted to keep a journal, just never thought it would be quite so public :).
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great post, Erin. Between you and Sharon talking about the book, I really want to get a copy. :)
Post a Comment