Friday, January 16, 2009

Night Life

Well, I'm sitting here trying to psych myself up to go to work. I'm working the night shift (7pm -7am) tonight for the first time in over a year. I know I'm a whiner. I should just be thankful that I have a job that is so flexible during a time when some people can't even find a job. But, it's just so hard to work nights. Especially since I'm out of practice.

The good news is...I did take a 4 hour nap today. Seriously, I slept from 11:00 until 3:20 when the kids walked in the door. So, I should be totally fine tonight. I keep repeating that to myself trying to convince my brain that it won't get sleepy at 3am.

So, tomorrow if you see me at the 9am Upward game and I look a little rough, you'll know why! I'm planning a long winter's nap tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully by Blake's game at 4:30 it will all be behind me.

Tonight when you crawl in to bed, say a little prayer for me. Pray that I'm so happily engrossed with birthing babys and taking care of mommys that I don't feel sleepy AT ALL. Have a great night everyone!!

3 comments:

Mischelle Coston said...

There will be some mommy-to-be that will be so blessed by you working tonight!!

Sharon said...

As I go to bed tonight I'll pray that you can stay awake!! I agree with Mischelle...I'm sure someone will be thankful to have you as their nurse tonight!

Philip said...

You can do it. Put that husband to work and you take it easy. That will help you conserve energy.