Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rockin' Out

Okay, I'm a little embarressed to admit this, but we all agree...the best gift we got this year for Christmas was Rock Band!! Seriously, this thing is SO FUN!! It started when NaNa and PaPa got Blake the drum set. We didn't really know anything about it, but got home and Travis set it up on the Wii. We fought over who would get to play next for hours. Yes, I said hours. Me, playing a video game, for hours. Unheard. of. period. If you know me at all your mouth is on the floor.

So, when my parents found out about how much we loved the drums....the guitar came next for Travis on Christmas morning.
Now, it's just an addiction. Here are the boys jammin' in their underwear. See the lights in my dad's eyes in the background :)

Seriously, I totally should have been a drummer. What was I thinking about playing that sissy little flute. I am a drummer!
So, anyway, not a week later now Poppy owns the whole set up (microphone included) for his Play Station. He just couldn't get enough stage time at our house. Too many people hoggin' up the equipment. And if you know Poppy, he absolutely can't be out done when it comes to an electronic toy. So now Nonnie and Poppy can rock at their leisure in there very own living room!
On a side note, we did take a trip to Branson after Christmas (between Rock Band living room concerts). Here is a pic of us at the Dixie Stampede. I know I'm totally a kid, but I just love the Dixie Stampede. Poor Nonnie just isn't a fan at all. The whole time we were eating she kept leaning over saying "sure is hard to eat when everything smells like horse manure". Ha!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

how fun! We have guitar hero and i love playing that...maybe we'll have to try rock band.

Sherry Drennan said...

Too funny! You can be a drummer if you want to be, Erin! This is your world, we are just livin' in it! ;0)

I would love to see pops doing his stuff!