Monday, April 6, 2009

BIG News!!!

Well, I still can't even believe that I am typing this, but here goes. Six pee tests, a blood test, an ultrasound with a heartbeat and 8 1/2 weeks later, I'm very excited to say that... I'M PREGNANT!!

I know, most everyone who knows me at all thought we were DONE. And truth be told, until a few months ago I really did too. But, obviously, our plans changed. It's crazy, but when we actually got down to the nitty gritty about making our decision permanent, our hearts just changed. (For the record, Travis's heart REALLY changed, and I was pretty easy to convince).

So, we decided to pray about it, and we both decided that our family just didn't feel complete, yet. And now I guess the rest is history! So, sometime around November 12 we will become a family of 5. Wow, that still just sounds kinda crazy to me!!

We are so very happy, and feel so incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to raise another child. We told the boys Thursday. Evan couldn't be more thrilled, and Blake and still working up to it. (I think the discussion we had a month or so ago about the birds and the bees has really gotten Blake freaked out!).

One of my all-time favorite verses is this: "Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalms 37:4

I truly am getting the desire of my heart!! Thank you Jesus!!

11 comments:

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

That is awesome!! Congrats-so exciting!!

Ashley Hogeland

Sherry Drennan said...

Yeah, a new Bartlett on the block!!!:0)

Cynthia said...

Congratulations!
This is so fun and exciting!

Beaubecky said...

Congrats Erin!!! That is so exciting!!!!

The Anderson family said...

I just found out you had a blog too! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats on the baby!

JAMIE said...

Congratulations! I think it's a girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so excited for you and your family. I'd love to see you!

The Flores' said...

Erin - I am so excited for you and your family! Congratulations!! I linked here from Jessica's blog :o) I have a blog too, but it is private. Email me, and I will add you as a reader. Miss all of you guys!

Love,
Melissa Flores
melsol99@hotmail.com

Philip said...

Congratulations!!!

Katie said...

I'm so happy for you and you will make a great mom of 3!! You will have a little break between your kids so that will help. So happy for you. Wish I could join you but 3 is final for us at this time.. (: Enjoy your pregnancy and may God continue to bless you and your family.

Unknown said...

Congradulations! So, so happy for you Erin!