Monday, April 27, 2009

Here We Go Again...

Well, I'm getting ready to be off to the doctor with Evan. This will be our 3rd doctor's visit in 1 week for his "tummy trouble". We spent most of last Sunday night in the emergency room (by the way, my first trip to the ER since I was 3), only to be told "he might be constipated". After several trips to the bathroom we knew that wasn't the case, and his crazy stomach pain continued. Monday afternoon he rolled around and cried for about an hour until we finally ended up at ProMed in Ft. Smith (again, my first time EVER in a walk-in clinic). The doctor there told us he thought Evan had "gastritis" and told us to give him Zantac and Mylanta for a while.

We were good until Saturday, when the stomach pain started again. It's like an a "attack" and he just cries and rolls around and holds his stomach for anywhere from 10min. to a couple of hours. He woke up again last night at 12:30 and cried and rolled around until 2:30. So, I just got off the phone with Dr. White's office and we have an appt. at 10:15.

I'm really stumped. At first I was convinced it was appendicitis. That was ruled out and now I just don't know. The way he acts, I would think he was having stomach cramps and needs to go to the bathroom, but going to the bathroom has never been related to the pain. I just hope we can get a answer.

Please pray for Evan and I'll report back later!!!

2 comments:

Philip said...

Poor guy...he is going to have to get better! Pray for Evan!

Katie said...

The symptoms that he has are identical to what Drew had. HE would scream out in pain for 10min to a hr and then he would be better for half day and then worse again. He also did not eat for weeks!! Just a little bit and it would be way worse at night. Your lucky Dr.White is willing to help our Dr;s office here drove me insane I know it was bacaterial.. Thank God your Dr. is helping Evan poor guy. I felt so bad for Drew when he would cry out in pain. They also thought it was gastro whatever and also constipation. Good job listening to Evan...