Evan has a stomach bacteria called h. pylori. It's a weird bacteria that some people can carry for a long time and not even know it. Thank goodness Dr. White and his nurse were willing to really listen to me and get to the bottom of this. We have started 2 antibiotics, Biaxin and Amoxicillin, and he will also take Nexium for 2 months. I'm just hoping that he won't have any more episodes before the meds have a chance to start working.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I am pretty much anti-doctor and anit-medicine ( I know, weird coming from a nurse). My kids haven't taken an antibiotic in years. Today - the exception to the rule!! Today I am very thankful for modern medicine!
By the way, Evan had blood drawn again today and he didn't even flinch. I totally need to take lessons from him!
Please continue to pray for Evan. Especially that this treatment will work and we won't have anymore stomach pain episodes.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I didn't even know he was sick. poor thing. I will pray. right now actually.
Lord, I pray for Evan. I pray that you will ease the problems that he is having. Thank you for the diagnosis, and we pray for a speedy recovery.
Post a Comment