Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kid Pitch

We have officially entered a new realm of baseball: Kid Pitch. Wow, can I say SLOW and BORING. I had been warned, but nothing prepares you for 1 hour and 20 minutes of pitching and walking. I think all of 4 pitches were actually hit in the WHOLE game. The worst part is that the kids in the outfield got bored, and when a ball actually got hit, they were totally surprised and reacted kinda slow. All in all, it wasn't too bad, but definitely different!

Blake played SO well. He batted twice, and walked both times. He stole a base at one point and had to slide into 3rd. He was safe and I was so proud of him for actually sliding. Blake usually doesn't get dirty at ball games :)... Here's a pic of him up to bat:

During the last inning he played pitcher. I was totally unprepared for that. Talk about nerve rattling! He did SUCH a good job. I have never seen him really pitch before (haven't been going to practice), and he looked really good. He threw SEVERAL strikes and I yelled like a maniac. Here he is getting ready to pitch:
Then the "leg hike" and the pitch. Pretty impressive looking, huh?

Evan was "bat boy" for Blake's team. He got a little bored, too. Here he is hanging over the wall of the dug out...
This picture was just too cute not to include. Peyton made a new friend at the game. She carried this dog around like a baby ALL night. I think this is a big clue to her parents: this girl needs a dog!!
We're off tomorrow night to Evan's first t-ball game of the year. More pics of that later!!

1 comment:

Sherry Drennan said...

Love the posts and the pix!