Well, my latest saga started last night as I was trying to put Evan to bed. We were attempting to read his A.R. book (at his suggestion) but he was not cooperating. Instead of sounding out words, he would just stop and stare at me. After several pages of me having to tell him every other word, I told him we were going to stop and we would finish the next night when he was in the mood to really read. I told him to go get in bed and he was LIVID. He begged to finish reading, but I already knew it wasn't going to work, so I made him get in bed.
As soon as I finished tucking him in he got up and started making me the famous "red note". I went in his room and took away the red paper and told him he was going to bed, not making me a "red note". He chose to disobey, so now he had to suffer the consequences, blah, blah, blah. So, I turned his light out and went take a bath.
Fast forward to this morning. We had an AWFUL morning. Evan turned his alarm off and didn't get up. So, I had to drag him out of bed. He wouldn't tell me what he wanted for breakfast, then he jerked the box of Toaster Strudels out of Blake's hand. Then he refused to apologize. Next he climbed behind the chair in the living room and refused to take his medicine. Again, blah, blah, blah. So, Travis took his Ripstick away for the day and told him he was grounded when he gets home from school. The whole morning was a disaster, and Evan left for school in a horrible mood and without eating breakfast.
We had MOPS this morning, so I got ready for school, prayed for the boys (especially Evan) and got ready to go. I have to be there by 8:30 to set up before everyone else arrives. I go to grab my purse and keys, and MY PURSE IS GONE!! At first I thought, well maybe I left it in the car. So, I go check and it's not there. Then I specifically remember that last night I paid bills and then hung my purse back on the pantry door knob. I hadn't left the house after that, so I knew I hadn't left it somehwere. I looked everywhere! Seriously, I even called Travis to see if he might know where it was. By this time it is 8:45 and I am TOO LATE to get the MOPS stuff set up even if I did have my keys.
The only thing I can think of is that maybe Evan hid it. Lately, that has been he and Blake's big "joke" to hide things around the house. I thought, I'll bet this is my punishment from last night when I didn't let him make the "red note". So, I go look in all the usual hiding places. I looked in all the closets, under all the beds, in all the bathroom cabinets...I looked everywhere. So, I decide that I would attempt to text Evan's teacher and have her ask him if he knows where my purse is. Thank the Lord, Mrs. Fein is a big "texter" and had her phone right in front of her. I immediately get a text back that says "It's in the drawer under the flat screen". I ran into the living room, open the drawer, and THERE IS MY PURSE. Seriously, I wanted to KILL HIM!!!
So, as I sit here writing this, Evan has been moping around, totally not enjoyed his afternoon of being grounded. He just started yelling for me and I couldn't hear him. So, I walked in my bathroom and there is Evan, sprawled out in my bathtub, full of bubbles, just relaxin'. He smiled and said, "it's not so bad being grounded, I can just relax in the tub".... This child is going to be the death. of. me.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
The bathtub thing was hilarious!!! You poor thing!!!
I am laughing out loud! At least you had your phone and it wasn't lost w/ your purse! Ha!
I laughed out loud at the bubble bath! Oh, girl!!! hahahaha
This is the all time worst and funniest thing he has ever done! I can't quit laughing!
Oh, Erin! That is too funny but I definately would've wanted to just skin him....thank goodness you had his teacher's cell #!
Your young man sounds alot like one of mine. Can make lemonade out of any lemons life hands him!
Enjoy him tremendously!!!
Post a Comment