Monday, March 14, 2011

Beau and some GOOD deals!!

I have to start this post out with some comic relief.  All I can say is...it's a darn good thing he is SO cute!!!
He was SO proud of himself.  If you look closely at this picture, you can see the oats shoved up his nose and glued to his face with snot.  Just keepin' it real!!

On to better news:)

This is an AMAZING week at Walgreens!

Everything in the picture below cost me $23.73.  I also got back $18 in Register Rewards.  I did use some Register Rewards from last week to bring down my out-of-pocket expense, but that is how this game works!!!

A few really good deals this week...Irish Spring deodorant and body wash is 2/$6 with a $4 Register Reward.  A good deal ($1/each) without coupons, but with coupons from yesterday's paper you can get both for $0.50 total.  The Right Guard deodorant is B1G1 Free.  With the B1G1 Free coupon from the yesterday's paper these were both free.  The Clearasil is $2 off and has a $2 Register Reward.  I also had 2 $2 printable coupons, so I actually made $0.50 on these.  The Herbal Essences shampoo is on sale for $2.99 with a $1 Register Reward.  There was a B1G1 Free coupon yesterday, making them $1 each.  The Dial NutriSkin lotion was $4.99 with a $3 Register Reward.  With the $1 coupon from yesterday's papers it was $0.99.  The Purex crystals were $4.99 with a $2 Register Reward.  With the $2 coupon from the paper they were also $0.99.  The Renuzit Crystal Elements were $3.99 and with the $3 coupon from yesterday's paper they were also $0.99.  Read about the diaper deal below!

I did check out twice, because I had 2 sets of Irish Spring and Clearasil.  (If you try 2 of the same deal in one transaction, it will only print 1 of the Register Rewards).

The cashiers couldn't have been more friendly!  A manager checked me out, and even told me that she didn't think they had ordered enough of the good deals, so she had placed another order that should be in by Tuesday.
After testing out the diapers, I went back today for more!  I also got a $1/Irish Spring deodorant coupon from the machine at the register at Walgreens yesterday, so I did that deal again also.  I paid a total of $3.98 for the things in the picture below and got back a $4 Register Reward.  (I used some Register Rewards from yesterday to bring my out-of-pocket down).

The best deal of the week, by far, is the diapers. I am a diaper snob, and I will admit that I LOVE Huggies diapers. I have used them exclusively on Beau until the Pampers deal a few weeks ago. But, NO MORE! I just couldn't resist this deal, so I bought some Walgreens brand diapers....and I LOVE them. They are kind of a cross between Huggies and Pampers, and I HEART them!!
The best part....they are only $2.50/ pack this week. This is an EASY deal that anyone who needs diapers MUST do this week!! They are on sale for $8.99 and they are Buy 1 Get 1 FREE.  Then you just need to get the Walgreens coupon out of the "Infant Care" booklet below.  At the Greenwood Walgreens, there is a stack of these at the cosmetics counter.  If you don't see them, just ask:). 
Have the cashier scan the bottom right coupon, which is $2 off each pack of Walgreens diapers.  It will automomatically take off $2 for EACH pack you buy. (No need to have 1 for each pack you buy).  Don't even give them the coupon, just let them scan it.  (They throw all the Walgreens coupons away after they scan them).  You want to keep this one, because it doesn't expire until 12/31/11!!!!

So, in the end you get 2 packs of diapers for $5 or $2.50/pack!!!
My receipts for the stuff in the pictures says I saved $103.40.  Obviously, I would never have bought the stuff for full price, but it still feels good to know that I really did save A LOT!!  If you have been thinking about trying Walgreens, this is YOUR week!!!!

2 comments:

meeksmiles33 said...

Thank you for sharing! I really did not pay that close attention to the add this week. I will go take a look though.

Jasmin said...

This actually is my first week to try! I don't buy diapers at all now though, and my hubsand is picky about his products and won't use Irish spring lol, so I won't be getting as much. But I will be getting the purex and probably renuzit. I got some good deals at target and cv's today though. Thanks for all of your good tips!