Well, it's bad news. Really bad. Beau can officially climb out of his crib. I have been dreading this for a really long time. It's a new-found freedom that is killing the rest of us.
The first night he didn't go to sleep until after midnight. He climbed out at least 100 times. Travis or I put him back every.single.time.
The next aftternoon I drug out the gate with a door and put it in his doorway. So, that day when it was time for nap he just stood at the gate and SCREAMED!! I'm talking WAILING and shaking the gate. Blake and Evan were home and I thought they were going to lose their minds!! He finally passed out on the floor right next to the gate so we coudln't get his door closed. So, Evan did this...
It says "Out of Order, Do not Enter".
Here is a pic of him after he woke up. Little stinker...
So, after our Thanksgiving travels (I wont even go into the sleeping during that trip...it was BRUTAL), we decided it was time to take the crib down. Travis was going to do it on Saturday while I was at work. Friday night as I rocked him to sleep I just cried and cried. I knew for sure that this was the very last time I would lay a baby of mine down in a crib. As happy as I am to be moving on, it was still really hard for me.
Saturday the boys got to work. Here is the toddler bed ready to go up.
Bye, Bye, baby bed.
He was pretty excited!
Trying out sleeping on a pillow for the first time:)
The first nap was wonderful. He laid right down for Travis and slept for 2 1/2 hours. Since then...not so much. It's like having a newborn again. He is waking up every 3 hours or so in the night and he just stands at the gate and screams!! The big boys are miserable because they are up half the night also.
The thing that frustrates me the most?? I got over there in the middle of the night and lay him back down, rub his back, sit by his bed and wait until he is still to leave. I walk out the door and 30 seconds later he is screaming. Now, if Travis goes over...he climbs back in his bed and goes right to sleep!!!! REALLY??? I can't tell you how frustrating that is to me!!!!
Last night was better. He cried for about an hour when we put him down, but then he slept all night. I'm hoping we are making the transition and getting back into the sleeping groove. Naps are still brutal. As I am writing this, he is standing at his gate shaking it and yelling "MaMa". It does no good to go over there and console him, he just jumps right back up and starts screaming as soon as I leave. He will eventually pass out in front of the gate.
I know this is just a season...but man, it is really getting the best of me. I feel like such a failure in so many ways right now. I can't seem to do anything good for Beau right now. I feel like we are butting heads about everything. And, because I am so frustrated with him, it is leaking over into the rest of my relationships. I feel like Travis and the big boys are getting nothing but griping, complaining, and exhaustion from me. I just feel completely drained. I hate feeling like this, but it's just the truth. Here's hoping for some better days ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment