We have been pretty busy around here! But, I'm really trying to ENJOY the season this year. We decorated the week before Thanksgiving so we could just sit back and enjoy spending time in our house:). With football over, we just have Kuk Sool and basketball in the evenings, so we have actually been home quite a bit!! We have been out looking at Christmas lights at least 5 times already:) We LOVE IT!!
At one of our last MOPS meetings we learned how to decorate cupcakes. Here are my completed works of art! I was so happy with how they turned out. A lot of trouble, but maybe for a special occasion??
We eat at church every Wednesday night and I always order the "healthy choice" meal. It's a salad with a chicken breast, boiled egg, tomatoes, carrots, and usually a cheese stick and yogurt. Beau loves it too! He usually ends up eating at least half of it. And he ALWAYS claims the egg. So, Mrs. Mary and Mrs. Monica have starting being so sweet and fixing us 2 eggs:) Our box last week waiting for us in the refrigerator:)
My boys are absolutely obsessed with Duck Dynasty. So, Beau has decided he needs to watch "dynasty" too. He passed out cold in the floor watching it the other night. A true miracle!! Ha!
One of our favorite super easy dinners lately are these "Rhodes roll" pizzas. You use the frozen Rhodes bread dough rolls. Just let them thaw out for about 30 minutes then press them out and top with whatever you like and bake. SO good!! Also, a trick I recently learned is to coat your pan really good with olive oil before you bake pizza. Makes the crust SO much better!
Blake recently had a project to do in Career Orientation. He had to do a "pizza box" presentation of the career that he is most interested in. Of course, he chose Chemistry!! He did it completely by himself and I think it turned out great!
Ready to go "present". (By the way...he made a 100% on the project)!!
Evan got to go on an awesome field trip with the other GT students from East Pointe. They left on Friday morning at 6:30 to go to Tulsa. They went to an art museum, had lunch at Panchos, went to the zoo, looked at Christmas lights at the bible college, went to McDonalds and got home about 9:00 that night! He had SUCH a good time!!!
Jonathan, Evan, and Grant ready to go!!!
We have some new friends that live across the street and we met at Bell Park one day to play. The kids had a blast, and I enjoyed getting to visit uninterrupted for a little bit!
Travis has the touch! Beau laid down to watch TV with him, and he was out within a few minutes!
Beau had his first dental check-up recently. He LOVED it!!
Mrs. Teresa was so sweet. I didn't even go back with him. He was proud of his shiny teeth!
We went to watch the Christmas parade and the temperature was in the mid 60's. SO weird. And yes, Evan is wearing shorts. It was nice not to be freezing to death while watching the parade. It was a great parade, and Beau loved it! He couldn't wait to see Santa on the fire truck!! And just to clarify....it's not "Sana", it's SanTa". It is very important to Beau that you accentuate the T sound!!
I decided that the only way I as going to get presents wrapped, was to do it during Mother's Day Out. So, one Tuesday I did just that. My living room looked like an explosion, but I got it all done!
Evan won the spelling bee in his class and got to be in the East Pointe spelling bee. We were SO proud of him!! He got out on the first round (due to a technicality). It totally stunk, but I was still VERY proud! He got a $2 bill from Farmers Bank for participating!
I think that catches us up for now! So thankful for so many things to keep us busy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment