Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Luke Bryan Concert AKA BEST WEEKEND EVER!!!

Well, just thinking about writing this post makes me start to tear up.  This was the BEST weekend ever!!  There is just no replacement for good, true friends!!  I can honestly say that Sharon and I's friendship has only grown stronger since their move.  It just makes the times we are together so much sweeter!

We have been anticipating this concert for months!!  Friday finally came, and we loaded up and headed to Oklahoma City.  We had a blast on the way down.  Travis and Ryan just LOVE selfies!!
Me and my bestie!!
We stayed at a hotel right downtown in Brick Town a couple of blocks from the arena.  Here are the two wanna be cowgirls in our boots...ready to go!!
We found a great little place and had dinner before the concert.  It was so fun!

I can't even explain how I excited I was to finally be going to see Lukey!  We saw this truck and screamed like school girls!!  Travis and Ryan were SUCH good sports!!  Secretly....they both loved it too!!
A random lobby pic:)

Crazy fans taking pics in front of a truck!!
Ahhhh, and a little close up with our Lukey!
The concert was Ah-MAZING!!!  There just isn't anything better than the "big black jacked up truck" coming up out of the floor....on fire!!!

Let me just say that Sharon and I did our fair share of "shaking" at this one!  So much fun!!!  I truly didn't want the night to end. 
The next morning we got up and checked out of the hotel.  The first hotel was REALLY expensive, but worth it to be right in Brick Town, but we decided the next night we would move somewhere else.  Funny thing was, Travis and I got "upgraded" to the Presidential Suite.  We had this HUGE room with 2 bedrooms, a dining room, and a sitting room.  It was pretty cool!
We shopped during the day, then got ready and went to dinner again that night.
 He loves me!
 We had dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse and then hung out again at a little place we had found the night before.  Totally enjoyed just getting to hang out and visit!!
 The next morning we woke up and looked out the window and everything was solid white!!  The snow had come much earlier than forecast.  Getting home was BRUTAL!!  Thank goodness, we had Ryan the Super Driver!!! 
 We had to make a pit stop, to stock up on snacks, clear the windshield, and do a little souvenir shopping!!
 Then back on the road.  I was a basket case.  There is nothing I hate more than driving on ice.  I sat in the backseat and chewed on my fingernails like a mad woman.  I might have even teared up at one point.
It got to the point where the wipers were totally iced over and weren't working at all.  We had to pull over and the guys were trying to beat the ice off of them.  CRAZY, CRAZY DRIVE!!!
I've never been so glad to get home.  But, it was all totally worth it to get to spend the weekend with our friends!!  SO many great memories made. I can't wait to do it again!!!

No comments: