Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Evan Lee!!!

The countdown is officially over....Evan is a 6 year old!! Here I sit with tears pouring down my face as I look back at these precious pictures of the day you were born. It truly seems like yesterday. I can smell that baby smell as I look at these pictures. You were such a precious baby, and you have turned into an amazing strong, sweet, curious, 6 year old. You have been my biggest challenge, but we are both better for it! (Right??)

Everyday you amaze me with your strong opinions on so many things. Who would have known that a kindergartner could love Under Armour SO much!? I love you my sweet precious Evan!!!

Here you are just a couple of hours after you were born. You were dressed and ready to head home!

This is where you spent many hours of your first week of life! You are very jaundiced and we diligently kept you either in the sunlight or under the flourescent under cabinet lights to bring your bili down! How precious you were!!
Another one of my favorite newborn pictures of you....
We're missing a few pictures in between. But here you are on Halloween just before you turned 2 years old! You still talk about your army uniform!
Here you are on your 3rd birthday. Thomas was your thing that year. I think I loved Thomas maybe even more than you and Blake!
And here you are on your first day of 3 year old pre-school! You thought you were SO big...
And here is the famous 5 year old McDonalds birthday party! Another favorite for sure!
Now I have to head to the kitchen. You are waiting for me to help make your birthday cake for tonight! That's another thing I love about you. You ALWAYS want to help me. You try so hard to be like Daddy and I SO love you for it. You will make a nice catch for some little girl some day! (just hold off on the playground kissing for now!)
Evan, you truly have such amazing potential. I just know you are going to be a very influential grown-up some day. You have an amazingly strong will and a love for others that is inspiring. You love your family and are learning to love God with all of your heart. I'm looking forward to a fun-filled future ahead with you!!!
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Philip said...

Congrats on the birthday. I know the whole family can celebrate!

Julie said...

I am already getting weepy thinking about JB turning 6. It is in just a few months. The time goes by so quickly!