Well, today I was supposed to work at St. Edwards. I had myself prepared to get up this morning and go, but then the phone rang about 5:00 this morning. It was the hospital wanting to know if I wanted to stay home. Uh, let me think....SURE! I'm so weak in the morning, it was so warm in my bed and I was still SO sleepy. So I caved and agreed to stay home. Not great for the Christmas budget, but holy cow, I've already gotten more done today in the 2 hours since the kids left for school than I have in weeks around here.
I've done 2 loads of laundry, folded them and put them away, cleaned out both boys closets, putting all the outgrown summer stuff in a tub for Growing Kids, finished the book fair financial form, verified it with the Scholastic rep, and submitted it, and decluttered the living room and kitchen. I'm feeling like Super Mom already!
Then I read Sherry D.'s blog. She was talking about all the projects she is working on to get her house ready for our neighborhood tour of homes. Now I'm feeling totally overwhelmed. I'm just going to tell everyone right now, don't expect too much at my house! I promised myself when I decided to do this that I wouldn't let it get me stressed out. So, what you see is what you get at my house this Christmas!!!
Speaking of projects, Travis and I did get one big project that we've been talking about doing for about, let's say....7 years, done on Saturday. We recovered our dining room chairs!!! Back when Blake was about 2 he was obsessed with squirting anything in a spray bottle he could get his hands on. During that time he managed to get a bottle of Clorox Clean-Up and sprayed the seats of 4 out of 6 of our dining room chairs. So, for the last 7 years most of the seats have had cute bleached out spots on them. My mom had given us some fabric, let's say....about 4 years ago that we thought we would use to recover a chair. Well, it wasn't enough to recover the chair, so it's been sitting in a closet for the last 4 years waiting for us to use it for something.
So, last week we got "the chair" that has been in our garage for let's say....6 years, to the upholsterer, and she also recovered the piano bench in the fabric from the closet. Well, we got the chair and piano bench back and thought, huh, we could use the rest of the fabric on our dining room chairs. So, basically after procrastinating for 7 years, we finally had the orange floral chair recovered, the baby blue piano bench recovered, and the dining room chairs recovered!!
I would love to post some pictures, but I still don't know how to get the pictures off the camera to the computer in a way that makes Travis happy, so I'll just have to wait for him to get my pictures on this thing later tonight!
Okay, now I'm inspired again. Time to get back to work!!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, Erin! Don't you love being so productive? Can't wait to see all the newly upholstered chairs! Doing the Tour of Homes gives me (ere Darin) the inspiration to hurry up and get things done! It's a good excuse anyway!
I'm terrified to do the Tour of Homes! I think my house is totally going to pale in comparison to everyone else's! Talk me off the ledge!!!
Post a Comment