I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pooped! We have had such a fun day. The kids spent the night at my parents house last night, so Travis and I got up EARLY this morning to hit some sales! This was Travis's first time to shop early on Black Friday and he was just a little shocked :).
We got every single thing we had on our list, plus some!! We started at the Greenwood Wal-Mart at 5:00 and grabbed Kung Fu Panda, a Havoc Heli helicopter (price-matched Target's price!), 2 sets of Pyxos,a set of Rubbermaid, and a couple of clothing items for the boys. We weren't going for anything "big", but it sure was nice to get what we wanted. We were back in the car by 5:15.
Next we headed to Walgreens. Their sale didn't start until 7:00 but I wanted to see if the entry way trees that I wanted were even available before we wasted precious 7:00 time for them. They had a whole stack by the front door, and my favorite manager was there. He told me that the computers would actually re-set for the early bird prices at 6:00. It was 5:50, so we waited 10 minutes, got our 4 trees (2 for my sister in law) and headed to Staples. The line was wrapped around the building, and we opted to not wait there. (But, I was able to come home later and order the ?????? (a gift for one of my loyal blog readers) online with free shipping anyway!).
So, then we headed over to Michaels. Travis is going to "paint" some canvases for our living room, so we were able to snag the 3 big canvases that we needed, plus several other decorating things, and a basket full of ribbon and use the 25% off coupon.
Then we went to Yeagers, and got a some presents (can't say what....) there. We were there right at 7:00 and walked right in, grabbed what we wanted and were out in 5 minutes.
The only place we had to wait at all was at Ulta. I wanted that cheap Shaper hair spray and Chi silk infusion. I also had spotted an awesome hairdryer in the ad that I REALLY wanted. Travis and I divided and conquered. He went straight to the line, while I grabbed everything I wanted. I was so sad because they were out of the hairdryer. It was SO cute, pink and black polka dots and retailed for $130. It was on sale for $30 and apparently flew off the shelves with the first few people in the store. We ended up standing in line for about 30 minutes, but as we were standing, I spotted the hair dryer!!! Apparently someone had gotten tired of waiting in line and just set it down on a random shelf. So, I got my hairdryer after all, and got to use the $3.50 off coupon. Don't you just love a good bargain!
After that Travis was WORN OUT. It was about 8:00 so we headed to Calico County. We had a good breakfast (cheap also, because I had a coupon:). We made 1 more stop at Hobby Lobby and grabbed a gift for his office party.
Such a fun day!! Travis totally wins the prize for BEST shopper ever. He dropped me off at every door and searched for stuff like a champ! And the best part, we were back home taking a nap by 10:00.
We just finished putting the lights on the house. I'm hoping we are going to add a few more to the roof line, but it still looks so good. Travis, Blake, and Evan make a great lighting team. And, I'm a great boss!! Travis is going to take some pics, so I'll poste them later!!!
Happy Black Friday!!!!!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That Travis is making all of us guys look bad!
Sounds like you got some good deals! Yea for the hair dryer. :)
Awesome...I love hearing about the deals! We were in LR but my sil and I were out at 4:30....we got a few also. I'll post about them later. My "lighting team" is also working hard today and i'm working hard to finish up the last section of these cabinets!!!! Next...on to the tree and finishing the decorating. Once all that is done, I can focus on the cleaning this week. :0)
Post a Comment