Monday, December 14, 2009

Amenhotep III

Recently, Blake had a big project to do in his GT class at school.  They have been studying Egyptian Pharohs and gods all semester.  The final project was to pick a pharoh then make a presentation board and write a report.  Then they dressed up like their Pharoh and had a "Share Fair" for the whole 4th grade.  It was a pretty big deal and it took a lot of work!  Here is Blake working on his board.


A little help from Snowy!


Here he is at the Share Fair dressed as Amenhotep III.  He had to say a 30 second "speech" about Amenhotep III every time a group of kids came by.   I think he ended up saying it about 50 times that day!

Here are some pictures of all the kids in the 4th grade GT classes that participated.  There picture was in the paper.  I was very proud of Blake for doing such a good job.  He absolutely loves his GT class and I'm so thankful that he has an outlet for his creativity!!

1 comment:

Mischelle Coston said...

He looked so authentic!
I remember those types of projects from GT classes -- I still remember a lot of the info -- so much fun! It looks like he did a great job!