Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas with the Barnhill's!!

After Santa came, we headed over to Nonnie and Poppy's house to open presents.  I have never not spent Christmas morning with my parents and Kyle, so this is special to me.  I know, I need to not be so sentimental, especially since I am the mother of 3 boys who will have wives who may feel the same way some day, but for now I'm sticking with it!  So, here goes a monster upload of pictures...

This totally cracks me up...The first thing Evan unwrapped was a golf glove.  Keep that in mind as you look at pictures throughout the morning :)

Evan and some new "Nate the Great" books.  He is so proud that he can read a "chapter" book!!  So am I!!!

Blake opening his new Heely's.  Both boys got new ones this year.  I know, I ask for it...

We got dad a new Greenwood sweatshirt and hat. I figure, if you're gonna drive a Greenwood bus, you should have the gear to look cool :)

Dad opening the dog Snuggie for Carly.  Evan picked it out and was so excited for him to open it.

Mom opening one of those very pretty, but totally useless presents :)

Sweet Beau hanging out.  He just LOVED opening his presents.  Ha Ha!

This just melts my heart.  Evan cooing to Beau and didn't realize anyone was watching.

Travis checking out an architecture design project that Kyle and Amy got the boys.

Blake showing off his big present from Nonnie and Poppy ~ new golf clubs!!

Evan opening his big present ~ a "new" computer.  He actually inherited our "old" computer.  Travis and I bought new components and my dad built us a new computer, then he took our "old" computer and re-worked it, put it in a new case, and Evan got it for Christmas!!  (Notice: Evan is STILL wearing the glove)

Proof that Kyle and Amy were there...and me opening my new Moby wrap.  It's an awesome sling for Beau!!

Aunt Amy helping Beau open his present from Aunt Jan and Uncle Hugh V.

Travis opening his Hallmark ornament from me. It's a totally awesome National Lampoons Christmas Vacation ornament of Cousin Eddie's RV!!!  You push the button and it talks!!  "This here's an RV"!!!  I love it!!!! 

This is Evan explaining the ornament he made Nonnie.  Evan made everyone a gift this year and wrapped them himself.  So sweet!!

Skinny Kyle opening some kind of tool.  He loved it!

A sweet pic of Nonnie and Poppy and their boys.

Carly modeling her Snuggie!!

A rear view of Beau's Christmas outfit!!

As soon as the presents were open, the boys put on their snow gear and headed outside to play.  They probably stayed out for at least 2 hours!!

Evan shoveling snow on the deck...

Blaker showing off an icicle.

Just a pretty picture Travis made from the deck.  He's trying out the "manual" mode on the camera :)

We had such a fun day.  We ate all my favorite yummy snack foods ~ sausage balls, party pizzas, ham sandwiches, artichoke dip, Rotel, little smokies, fudge, haystacks, pralines, pound cake, and strawberry cake.  Then we all snuggled up and watched Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story.  A perfect lazy Christmas afternoon!!

2 comments:

The Flores' said...

I knew you would love the Moby wrap! It always calms Isabelle down in minutes too - no matter how hard she is screaming when I put her in! Is it helping to "wear" Beau in the evenings when he is most fussy? I'm not quite as skilled to nurse in it yet, although I did once in Target with a nursing wrap over it. It was convenient to nurse and shop at the same time :o)

The Anderson family said...

I love the RV ornament! I am totally going to have to get one for Chris next year!! Great pics!