Tonight, I am finally sitting back and catching my breath after a few busy days! Travis went to an AIA retreat at Big Cedar Lodge Thursday. He was gone for 2 nights and got back this afternoon. I think part of my problem is that I SO desperately wished I was with him. In the past, I have gone on this retreat with him and just gotten to hang out in the awesome room, shop in Branson, and go to the "social" events in the evenings. But, this year it wasn't really feasible, since I can't leave Beau yet. So, I spent the last 2 days with my 3 boys, and boy did it make me even more thankful for Travis!!
I'm not sure how single parents do it. I just feel totally worn out! We had a great time for sure, but now I'm glad to have Travis home! The boys and I did venture out to LaFiesta together last night and Beau did great! Then we rented movies. We got two "classics" for sure. Home Alone 3 and Ernest Saves Christmas. Yes, I really did pay money to view these movie masterpieces. A shout out to all my Bunco Babes ~ I missed you guys Friday night, but I'm sure Bunco was not as great as Ernest :).
Today the boys both had their first Upward games. Travis is coaching them both, and had to miss both their first games. I was very nervous about juggling both big boys and Beau for 2 straight games, but we actually did fairly well. I looked like a pack mule heading into the ROC with the stroller packed to overflowing (it takes a lot of stuff). But Beau and I managed pretty well (lucky for me, I had several friends who were more than willing to hold Beau for me :). Both Blake and Evan played very well and scored several points. Neither of their teams won, but they told Travis they thought that next week with him coaching they would win :) Here's hopin'!!
So, now both big boys are in bed, Beau is asleep, wrapped up like a burrito, on my bed, Travis is sitting on the couch watching the Cowboys, and I'm feeling "normal" again. Seriously, I'm GLAD HE'S HOME!!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm soooo w/ you! Gotta love those awesome hubbies! I'm most impressed w/ your single parenting skills. I did see you and that overloaded stroller at the Roc! You go, girl!
Post a Comment