Sunday, January 10, 2010

This and That

Today has been a productive day!!  Beau and I went to church again this morning.  It feels so good to be back in a worship service.  We did spend most of our time in the lobby, but I could hear out there and walk Beau around so it was okay!  Here is a picture of my handsome big boys.  This was obviously taken a couple of weeks ago (Christmas tree:), but I think they all look so handsome!


This evening Nonnie and Poppy stopped by to visit after being out of town all weekend.  Their boys missed them!!  (And yes, Beau does have on a Christmas outfit, and it really was taken today.  It was clean, what can I say??)

Blake and Evan got a "Young Architect" set from Aunt Amy and Uncle Kyle for Christmas.  Evan was "designing" buildings this afternoon...

Had to include a picture of Beau.  Just hangin' with Daddy!!

And, the MOST productive part of my afternoon (besides the 7 loads of laundry)...My trip to Walgreens!!  I have had several really good weeks at Walgreens, and decided I better start showing some of them.  I've got friends who need some inspiration :)  I got everything in the picture below for $3.72!!!!

I did also use $18.00 in Register Rewards, but that's how I make it work.  I use the Register Rewards I earned the week before to pay for this weeks stuff.  Then I take the Register Rewards I earned today, and buy the stuff I want next week.  It usually works out to very little cash out of my pocket.  As you can see, this all stuff I really use and really needed!  (Except maybe for the Mentos ~ I just wanted them)

Another deal that I found too late to share, but I will explain anyway just to prove you can get just about anything for next to nothing!!  I bought 4 cases of Aquafina water at Walgreens.  They rang up as $5.99 each, so the total was $23.96.  This month if you spend $20 on Pepsi/Frito Lay products, you get a $10 Register Reward.  (Aquafina is a Pepsi product) Then there was a Walgreens coupon in the ad for the case of Aquafina for $3.99.  So, the total for the 4 cases was $15.96 and I got a $10 Register Reward.  Best deal I've probably ever gotten on bottled water!!!

The good news is that there will be a BIG sale on Pepsi and Frito Lay stuff in the coming weeks for the Super Bowl.  The Register Reward will make for some super cheap soda and chips!!!

Gotta love Walgreens!!!

4 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Speechless.

Shannon said...

I'm ready to start back. Went on coupon moms last night and printed out the nifty little lists - I had never used her before. That new book Save Big walks you through step by step on how to use her to the fullest. Are you using any sites now?

SheWolf said...

No shame in Christmas clothes on Beau today....because Laden wore them too! :)

SheWolf said...

Oops...Landen! Trying to feed him and type at the same time!!