Wednesday, December 30, 2009

NaNa & PaPa's Christmas!

The weekend before Christmas we headed to Springdale to spend the weekend with Travis's parents.  We started out the weekend with dinner at Monte Ne Chicken on Friday night.  If you've never been there, then you are missing out!  It is the greatest fried chicken you will EVER eat.  It's served homestyle...they just bring big bowls of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, corn, slaw, bean soup, homemade bread, and apple butter to the table and you eat all you want.  I wish I had taken pictures.  Travis and his dad both ate at least a whole chicken each!!  Their plates were piled with bones!!  This meal is a Christmas tradition we have been doing for as long as I can remember, and I look forward to it every year!!

On Saturday Trisha and I went shopping.  Since I am on a very short leash right now (Beau won't take a bottle), it was a pretty short trip.  But we did manage to squeeze in a trip to PF Changs :).  It was SO SO good.  Then we loaded Beau up with us and all the girls plus Beau went to the mall for the afternoon.

The boys (PaPa, Travis, Blake, and Evan) went to the Razorback game Saturday night.  It was the first game the boys had ever been and they had a blast!!  Here are a couple of pics after the game.
PaPa talking to Beau!

Beau taking a bath on NaNa's new counter!!

Evan with his foam finger he HAD to buy at the game!!

Beau showing his Razorback spirit!!

We opened presents later that night.  We told the kids they couldn't open presents until they made a good picture, so they actually cooperated and we got some good ones!!

NaNa and PaPa and their "babies".

Our first Christmas as a family of 5!

Malory loves Beau so much!  She was glued to his side all weekend.

Malory had to have a Greenwood t-shirt.  A girl has to remember her roots :)

The boys showing off their stuff!!

We are just a little bit obsessed with Star Wars and Legos this year...

Can you SEE THE JOY!!  I was SO excited.  It's so fun to get a surprise, especially when it is this awesome!!  (Btw, I had no idea what I was mising until I tried this mixer.  Kinda like how I never knew what I was missing until I got my front loader washer & dryer :)

A little out of order, but here they go attacking the presents!!

We had a great weekend with Travis's family.   I don't think I got 1 picture of Trisha and Jody, but we had such fun with family.  We all got way too much, but we are very thankful.  Lots of memories made!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like our kids presents were exactly the same. They seriously like the exact same stuff. I have Legos and Star Wars everywhere. Have you watched the Star War movies the older one when we were kids? Boring. The new ones are better. The baby is so sweet. I love your mixer I would like one of those, do you cook a lot? I am not to big on cooking but enjoy it. I think one day I will get one of those mixers.

meeksmiles33 said...

Such fun! I love reading your blog!