Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy 11th Birthday Blake!!

My baby turned 11 yesterday!!!  Wow.  Eleven sounds so much older than 10.  I think 11 may classify him as a "pre-teen".  Unbelievable!!!

Here he is with Beau.  My 11 YEAR old and my 11 MONTH old:)  Blake thought that was SO cool!!!
 I checked him out for lunch and he chose to eat at Lin's Garden.  My dad and Travis met us there and we had a really good time!  He got to open a present from Travis and I.  It was a new Bible and he was thrilled!!  I was afraid it might not be "exciting" enough, but he truly loved it!!  He said "oh perfect, the New Living Translation, just what I wanted"!!!  I'm so proud that he considers a new Bible a really special gift!

I always get him iced cookies on his birthday.  This year was Frankenstein!!
Before dinner he got to open a package from his Nana and PaPa.  It was a new Wii game that he LOVED!!  Here he is with the card that Evan made him.  It had a little "pocket" glued on the inside and Evan had put a gold dollar in it.  They really do love each other!!
 Blake chose to have pea pie and apple pie for dinner. His faves!
 Here he is with his own "personal" apple pie:)
 Travis and I gave him one more present after dinner.  It was a new chess/checkers set and he was obviously thrilled!  He and Evan sat in the floor while Blake tried to teach Evan to play chess for a long time after dinner!
 A little table decoration that Evan made for Blake :)
We had a great day celebrating with Blake.  He is becoming such a grown up young man and we am so proud of him.  I can't wait to see what this year holds for him!

Blake and Evan are having a joint family party and joint friend party in a couple of weeks.  So, we still have MUCH MORE birthday partying to do over the next little bit.  Beau's 1st birthday is also just around the corner.  It makes me tear up just to type it...

1 comment:

Jasmin said...

Erin, you are such a wonderful mother. It is so obvious that you just adore and love your children so much. They are very lucky to have you!