On Friday morning we slept in all the way until 8:30. Seriously, that is what my body thinks is sleeping in at this point. Pretty sad, but since we were awake we decided to get the day started. We headed down to a restaurant in the mall that had a $3.99 breakfast:) It was good and we were ready to hit the pavement. We headed down the strip the opposite direction from where we had gone on Thursday.
We had to explore the M&M's store. There were 4 stories of M&M's stuff. Pretty crazy.
Here is the wall of different color M&M's.
Another tourist pose:)
Travis and the M&M's Nascar.
I loved New York, New York!!! I told the boys we beat them to the Statue of Liberty, also:) They were quick to point out that the "real" Statue of Liberty doesn't have a roller coaster running behind it:)
I thought this was pretty cool...the Statue of Liberty made out of Jelly Bellys!!
Here we are posing after we stopped to get something to drink at New York, New York.
This is a view of our hotel from quite a ways off. It is the blue skinny one kinda behind the McDonalds sign!
I thought this was SO cool. It was called the Chandelier Bar inside one of the hotels at the City Center. It was 3 stories and it all looked like a big chandelier.
For lunch we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory. I had the avocado egg rolls, which I LOVE!!!! We shared a piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake for dessert. SO SO good!!
After that, we walked through the Venetian. It was so beautiful. You could watch people riding in the gondolas through the canal inside the mall. I just loved it all!
This just CRACKED ME UP!! There were people everywhere walking around with these "cups" strapped around their neck with a big strap. They were so big they hung down past their knees and all that had to do was bend there head down to drink. Seriously! That is a LOT of alcohol!! It was SO weird because people would be just walking down the street carrying their drinks. There is a lot of drinking done in Vegas...that is for sure!!!
This was my best friend!! The moving sidewalk!! When it is 114 degrees outside, I was thankful to not have to climb up any inclines without my friend:)
Travis and I decided we wanted to go to a show. I wanted to see a Cirque show, but they were all REALLY expensive. As we were walking through New York, New York that morning they were handing out coupons for tickets 2 for $99 for the Cirque show at New York, New York. We decided that was our chance, so we bought them!!
We went back to the hotel and showered and rested up for a little bit, then got ready for dinner. We ate at a really cool Mexican place called Diablos. I really enjoyed it. After that we headed on down to New York, New York and just walked around for a while before the show started at 10:00. We were getting a little sleepy:) so we got some Starbucks to take to the show.
The show turned out to be a little more "Vegas" than we were expecting. a little risque, but still an amazing performance. This was a pic of us after the show...headed back to our hotel.
I just can't even explain how much I enjoyed my time alone with Travis. We haven't gotten to just hang out together, and talk, and do whatever we wanted in a VERY long time. I just love him so much, and I loved getting to re-connect with him. This trip was worth everything it took to get there, and we both agree we have to get away together more often!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment