After a rough morning for me, we made it onto the plane for our 12:00 flight. Here we are in the plane, cry eyes and all:)
The cool thing about flying to Vegas is that after a 2 1/2 hour flight we landed at 12:30 Vegas time. We jumped on a shuttle and were at our hotel, checked in, and in our room by 1:30. I was totally impressed!!
We stayed at Planet Hollywood in a new tower they have just built. The room was pretty awesome!
It had a decent view, and had black out shades, which was GREAT for sleeping in!!!
Planet Hollywood is connected to the Miracle Mile Mall, so we walked through that mall about a million times!! It had great shopping and lots of good restaurants. Paris was next door, so we walked by the Eiffel Tower MANY times!!!
The first day we spent just wandering around, taking in all the amazing sights! This was in the mall at Caesar's Palace. I just couldn't believe all the larger than life stuff every where you looked!
I loved the inside of the Bellagio. There were absolutely gorgeous flowers everywhere and they smelled SO good! I had to take a picture of this huge Liberty Bell. I sent the pic to the kids and told them I beat them to the Liberty Bell:)
Travis standing in the street posing. No, we didn't look at tourists AT ALL :)
It just cracked me up all the characters that were just hanging around on the street, waiting for someone to come up and give them a couple of dollars to have their picture taken with them. I thought Chewbacca was pretty hilarious!!
Of course, there was a Walgreens on the strip. Actually there were 2 and yes, I went in and bought something!!
Another very tourist-y pic. This was next door to the place we had dinner. We ate at Maggiano's and (even though it is just a chain restaurant) it was by far, the best Italian meal I think I have EVER eaten. Travis and I were both very sad that we had to leave food on our plates! As usual, our trip pretty much revolved around our meals:) There were SO many good places to try. Speaking of meals, we had a late lunch at Cabo Wabo, which was in our hotel. YUMMY!!!
Another fun picture. A storm trooper and C3PO hanging out on the strip:)
Our first day was SO fun!! We were actually back in our room by 10:00 and ready to crash. It felt like 12:00 to us, and after the day and night before, I could barely keep my eyes open. And, I just couldn't WAIT to sleep in!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment