Thursday, July 7, 2011

Vegas ~ Day 3

We got up on Saturday morning and were SO tired of walking.  I really wanted to go explore the "old" strip, downtown.  So, we decided to buy a bus pass and take a ride!  It was a great idea.  We got to see so much of Vegas from a very comfy double decker air conditioned bus.  We got off at the "Freemont Street Experience" stop and  walked around.  It was SO cool and what, in my mind, Vegas should really look and feel like.  I loved the older looking casinos and the atmosphere was just different.  I really liked it alot.  We did realize though, that it would have been MUCH better at night.

A view down the street.  SO cool!
 
 This was a real guy posed as a statue.  If someone would put money in his bucket he would come to life and do stuff.  He was SO real looking!
 I was standing on a sidewalk and took this picture.  The casinos were all open to the outside.  They looked like a casino looks like in the movies.  By the way, Travis and I ARE NOT high rollers.  During the whole trip we put a total of $8 in $0.01 slot machines and I cashed out for $3.  So, Vegas casinos got all of $5 from the Bartletts:).  One thing I did love about the downtown casinos was that the machines actually had handles to pull.  The all electronic slot machines just looked so sad to me :)
 One of the highlights of our trip was an excursion to see Pawn Stars!!!!  We figured out where to get off the bus and walked to it.  Here it is from across the street!!
 There was a pretty long line to wait to get in, but here is proof...I was there!!!
 And so was Travis:)
 The security guard standing at the entrance...
 We were in!!!  It seemed much smaller to me than it does on the show.  But, SO cool.  We saw some stuff that we had seen on the show.  But sadly, no Rick or Chumlee sightings:(
 There was a sign on this plane that said it was going to be in a future cross-over episode of Pawn Starts and American Restoration.  Stay tuned!!
I just thought this old gas pump was cool!!!
 Another view of the store.
 More of the store.
 There were cases and cases of jewelry.  You don't see that much jewelry on the show, but apparently that is one of their main sellers.
We had a blast on this little bus trip.  I was SO glad that we figured out the bus route.  We had lunch at a little sports pub downtown.  We had Chicago style deep dish pizza and it was FABULOUS!!!!

No comments: