Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blake's 12th B-Day!!

My first baby boy turned 12 this past weekend!!  Unbelievable!  It seems so crazy that it has been 12 years since our lives changed forever.  Blake is an amazing boy that is quickly becoming an awesome young man.

Blake LOVES to read.  There isn't a moment during the day that Blake doesn't have a book in his hand.  According to his teacher, he even reads during class (i.e. reads his library book during math and social studies:).  He has aspirations to be a chemist and is really looking forward to taking lots of chemistry classes.  He is SUCH a good big brother.  Of course, he and Evan fight, but they are also very close.  And, he LOVES his baby brother.  Beau loves "Bake" and Blake is so sweet with him.  He plays with Beau, pulls him in his wagon, changes his clothes, and gives him a bath when I need him to.  He loves God and tries his best to be a Godly example to his friends.  I love his love of learning about anything in the Bible.  I am SO thankful for such an amazing son.

We started celebrating on Friday at lunch.  I picked him up and we met Travis at LaFiesta.  Sharon kept Beau, so we had a really nice lunch, just the 3 of us!  Travis brought cookies from the bakery and they were yummy!

Me and my 12 year old!

Friday night I fixed Blake's most favorite meal...pea pie and apple pie.  I have to say, that it was the BEST apple pie I have ever eaten!!!  I'm not sure why this one was SO good, but oh my, it was amazing!! 

Blake with his pie.  Blake loves PIE!!
On Saturday we had Blake's friend party at Pizza Warehouse.  He really enjoyed it.  It was so weird to see so many "big" boys.  I remember when they all looked SO little.  Not anymore!!!

These boys put away a lot of pizza!!!

My clown!
They played and played and played!!
 Beau had to get right in the middle of it all.  The boys were so sweet to him!
 He loved it and didn't even realize that the games weren't actually working for him;)
I loved how they all managed to make their "money" on their cards last.  Way different from back in the Chuck E. Cheese days when they blew all their tokens in the first 5 minutes.
 Mrs. Pac Man ROCKS!!
 Garrett and Blake (and Beau)
Blake blowing out the candles on his "pizza cake".  He didn't want an actual cake, because he loves all the pizza dessert so much.  That was fine with me.  Made this party even easier!
Evan had a lot of fun too.  He always manages to win some crazy prize.  Here he is with his "bald eagle basketball".
 All the boys gathered around watching each other play.
This will be a good picture to bring out their senior year;) Dane, Tanner, Haven, Garrett, Blake, Jace, Seth, Mason, and Evan.
 And of course...the silly pic!
 Little Beau Beau had a blast.  He thought he was 12 too!!
I SO enjoyed this party.  It's nice when they get to the point that they don't need constant supervision.  I just got to kinda sit back and observe this party happen.  I loved watching all the interaction and seeing Blake in action with his friends.  He is very blessed to have such a great group of  friends. 

More about Blake's family party later.  Happy 12th Birthday Blake!!!!

No comments: