Sunday, October 16, 2011

Catch Up!!

Well, I am SO behind.  Nothing has happened that seemed to deserve it's own post, but so many "things" have happened and I just need to get it all recorded!  So, here goes...

Whitney turned 2!!!  I just cannot believe she is already two!  That means Beau is only 5 weeks behind.  We celebrated at LaFiesta (of course).  They all know us by name (and cringe when they see Beau coming).  They sang to her and put the sombrero on her.  Fun!!
 Sweet little friends after lunch:)
 This guy is tough!  He is having SO much fun playing football.  Last weekend his team won their game by 1 point and that 1 point came from Ev's field goal!!  I'm really proud of him.  He has practiced and practiced kicking and it is really paying off!!
 We got a sweet little gift from the Drennan's.  My friend Sherry is just crafty like that:)  "Germs are Scary"!  Love it!!
 The boys were out of school for Fall break last Monday and they spent most of the day playing games together.  Evan is playing chess in GT this year, so they can actually play each other and enjoy it!  They also played checkers and Monopoly.  I love it when they get along and actually act like friends.
 My little baby Beau-rito!! 
 Happy day!!  I borrowed a friend's carpet cleaner and had a perfect Mother's Day Out day, cleaning and cleaning!  It is such a thrill to pour out all the nasty, dirty water.  Anybody else feel that way???
 My sweet Beau Beau came home for church Wednesday night starving!  He kept pointing to the can of peas and asking for "berries".  I opened it and he grabbed it and turned it up:)  He drank all the "pea juice" then about 3/4 of the can of peas.  I know, weird.  Whatever...I'm just thankful he ate something!
 We "dogsat" this week while my parents were out of town.  These dogs are 2 peas in  a pod.  Beau loved playing with the "goggies". 
 Yesterday was a marathon day.  We had Blake's friend birthday party at Pizza Warehouse (a whole separate post), then we headed to Van Buren for Evan's game.  This little guy finally gave it up about halftime.  If you know Beau at all, you know that a sight like this is VERY rare!!!  He slept until we put him in the car, then fell back to sleep until we got to the restaurant.
 Since we were so close, we decided to head over to Catifsh Hole to eat.  I know, I swore off restaurants with Beau last week, but NaNa, PaPa, and Granny were with us and I knew I would have lots of help, so we decided to risk it.  He did pretty good.  Thankfully we were sitting near a long bench that he could climb on.  It wasn't a total disaster.

Afterwards he saw that big bin of Tootsie Roll pops, and I think he started quivering he was SO happy!  This boys loves his "guckers".  Here are my 3 sweet boys enjoying their suckers!
 Big boys!
And Beau Beau.
This morning we were getting ready for church and Beau started digging in the cabinet under my sink.  Next the I knew, I looked down and saw this.  He does love a Q-tip, or 2!!
So, I think this pretty much sums up our last week or so.  The only other excitement was about Evan's tooth.  He started having a toothache early in the week, and it got worse fast.  I made him a dentist appt and we went in on Thursday at 3:30.  It turned out it was a tooth that they had filled recently, but had warned us that it might not work.  The tooth was abscessed and since it was a baby tooth, Dr. Bishop said it needed to come out.

I went back to talk to him, and he was already getting hysterical and they hadn't even taken him to the other room yet.  I told him to be brave and went back to the waiting room with Blake and Beau.  It wasn't long after that I could hear Evan screaming!  It was horrible!!  Thank goodness Dottie happened to be there with her kids, so she watched Beau while I went back.  He was beside himself hysterical.  I tried to calm him down and they gave him some laughing gas.  It didn't even phase him.  Finally Dr. Bishop told him he was going to have to stop, and send him to another doctor.  He would have to go through the whole thing again, and his tooth would keep hurting until he could get an appt. 

We finally convinced Evan to let him try one more time.  He was TOTALLY numb!!  He just mentally got freaked out.  So, Dr. Bishop gave it one more big wiggle and out it came!!  I have never been more relieved!  It was 5:30 by then, so Evan didn't go to football practice.  He was SO upset, but his mouth was SO swollen and numb and he knew he couldn't go. Needless to say, I"m praying Evan doesn't need anymore dental work for a very long time.  I'm afraid the only way they will get his mouth open again, is if he is totally knocked out!

No comments: