Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July 5K


We started our 4th out very early this year!! Travis and the boys ran in the Fourth of July 5K race here in Greenwood. We started out the day bright and early. Here they are before the race started. All smiles!!!
Blake and Evan in the middle of a pack of runners!
Here's Evan at about the 1 mile mark!

And, Blake at about 1 mile!!

Travis finished way ahead of the boys this time. He thought the whole time that Blake was in front of him. So, the boys were actually running alone the whole time! (That probably explains their finish times:)

Here comes Ev to the finish line! He looks worn out!

Blake finally made it! He apparently chugged A LOT of water at the water stops and got a pain in his side. He was practically limping over the finish line...

And here they are at the finish line! They're looking a little worn out!!

Here are the boys with Collin and Paige. Collin and Austin both ran also and did awesome. Congrats Collin on your 1st place medal!!!

And, here's proof that I was there! I was sweating so hard at this point you would have thought that I ran the race!

I was so proud of all three of them. It was super hot and I was especially proud of Blake and Evan for even attempting such a long run. They all did great! So, we had to do what every good Greenwood citizen does on 4th of July morning: Go to the Masonic Lodge for the pancake breakfast!!! Lots of fun for all...

2 comments:

meeksmiles33 said...

That is awesome!! Bless your heart though, I know you were soo hot!

tracy said...

Thanks for the photos! They are really good! WOW Collin will be thrilled he made the blog!