Sunday, December 12, 2010

Evan's 1st Piano Recital

It was a big weekend for us!  Evan had his first piano recital this afternoon.  It was at his school in the music room and he had quite an audience.  NaNa, Granny, Nonnie, Poppy, Dad, Beau, Blake, and I were all there to watch him.  He got pretty nervous before we left the house.  Evan doesn't get nervous very often, so it made me pretty nervous for him!

We got there 15 minutes early and the room was already full.  We sat on the back row, which was good, because Beau only made through 4 of the 21 students:)  Thankfully, Evan was 4th!

Here is a view of him sitting up front, waiting for the recital to start.
 He did an AWESOME job.  He played 5 Christmas songs and played them all beautifully.  I could tell he was SO nervous, but he did great!  I'm SO glad that he is enjoying the piano.  He can already read music pretty well, which is so great.  He wants to play the drums some day, and we told him this is the first step:)
 Evan and his piano teacher, Mrs. Franks.  Evan absolutely REFUSES to smile in pictures these days.  I think he thinks it makes him look less tough!
 His own personal audience!
 And one with me, just to prove I was there!!
I'm so proud of Evan, and of all he has accomplished in his first 6 months of piano lessons!!

No comments: