Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Introducing...Georgia Leigh!!!

My sweet niece, baby Georgia Leigh was born today!!! 

She was born at 2:00 and weighed 6 pounds - 12 ounces, and was 19 inches long.

I was SO happy to get to be in the room with Kyle and Amy during labor and delivery.  It pays off sometimes to be a labor and delivery nurse:)

One funny thing to start off the day...Kyle went over to the hand sanitizer dispenser and wasn't paying attention and squirted A LOT into his hand.  It's the foamy kind and I looked up and said "what are you doing" and he said " just rubbing some mousse into my hands".  Ha!  It was really funny!!

 Amy did AMAZING during labor!!  She went in last night for Cytotec and by the time I got there around 7:30 this morning she was already 4cm.  She labored like a champ and didn't take any medicine AT ALL.  No epidural or anything!!  She did SO good!!  (She must take after her SIL, HA HA!).

Miss Georgia made her appearance at 2:00 this afternoon.  Kyle got to deliver her and she came out screaming!!!  She is absolutely beautiful!!

Kyle was immediately in love!!!
 6 pounds 12 ounces
 Kyle's first time to hold his daughter!!
 Group shot with Dr. Bell.  He is SO silly:)
 First photo of the family of 3:)
 She couldn't take her eyes off of Amy!
 The grandmas getting a look...
 Nonnie and her first granddaughter!!!
 Nonnie, Poppy, and Georgia Leigh
 I think Poppy might like her:)
 Cindy, Sara, and Grandma Judy
 Georgia with her Aunt Erin...She LOVES me already!!
 Another perk of working in labor and delivery...I got to give Georgia her first bath and put her first bow in her hair:)  Doesn't she look just beautiful?!
It was such an amazing day.  I'm so glad that Kyle and Amy let me be a part of their day.  It is so weird to be on this side of a birth and not be in "nursing mode".  I just got to do all the fun parts, and leave all the paper work to the real nurse!  I can't wait to spend lots of time with Miss Georgia.  The boys have looked at the pictures of her over and over.  They can't wait to see her either, but they aren't allowed to visit in the hospital.  So, they will have to wait until she gets home.

Tomorrow is Amy's birthday.  What an amazing way to celebrate....with a brand new baby!!  Happy Birthday Mommy Amy!!  We love our Georgia!!  You did great!!!!!

No comments: