Monday, February 21, 2011

Walgreens FYI...Pampers $2.99

Just a quick FYI for my friends out there who use Pampers diapers.  This week at Walgreens the Pampers are on sale for $8.99.  When you buy a pack you get a $2 Register Reward.  I combined that with a coupon from the paper for $2.  There is also an "Infant Care" booklet in the store (I asked for one at the cosmetics counter), that has a $2 Walgreens coupon in it.  Combining all that together makes the packs of Pampers $2.99 each!!!

Just remember that for this to work, you have to buy 1 pack at a time.  If you buy more than 1 in the same transaction the Register Reward will only print once.  Also, don't try to use the Pampers Register Reward towards another pack of Pampers or another Register Reward will not print!

I'm not a huge Pampers fan, but for $2.99 I will ABSOLUTELY use them!!

As for the new budget...so far so good.  I went over about $10 at Wal-Mart one week (I have budgeted $75/wk for groceries).  That was when I was buying all my Growing Kids hangers, safety pins, zip ties, Ziplocs...so I felt pretty okay about that. 

I have stayed right on track with my $15/week at Walgreens.  I did spend $16.?? yesterday, but seeing how I got a lot of stuff including some Mucinex for Evan (we had been to the doctor and he has a sinus infection)  plus 2 packs of diapers, I was okay with that also.

I can say that having cash in an envelope has made me re-think just about every single thing I put in my cart.  I am being SO much more careful about what I buy.  It has been SO good for me!! 

No comments: