It has been a BUSY day, and it's only half over:) I'm writing this for myself, just to remember someday what I did when I didn't "work" and had a little one at home...
We got up, got the big boys out the door, put Snowy out on the deck with her breakfast, and fed Beau some breakfast. Then I got myself ready, while Beau emtied out all the drawers in the bathroom and then moved on to the trash can. He's also figured out how to climb into the bathtub. So, he climbed in, pulled the big pile of clean towels in with him, and turned on the water. So, all the towels went to the laundry room to be washed.
Finally got myself ready, got Beau dressed, put Snowy up, and loaded up in Nonnie's car (had to trade cars for the day because GaGa and Dessa can't climb up into my car). We got to Wa-Mart, grabbed what groceries we needed (crazy how that goes faster when you are commited to only spending the cash in the envelope), and headed out to the car. Nonnie's car is SUPER fancy and you don't even use a key to open it or drive it. But, apparently I'm crazy, because I couldn't figure out how to get the trunk open after the car was running. So, everytime I needed something out of the trunk I had to turn the car off first:)
So, I finally got Beau loaded, groceries loaded, and headed to Golden Years to pick up GaGa and Dessa. Got their, left car running with Beau inside, locked the car, and went in to get them. Very carefully, managed to get their coats on, and out the door. We (GaGa, Dessa, me, and 2 walkers), made it to the car. I got them inside and then went to fold up the walkers and put them in the trunk. Hmmm, remember, the trunk won't open. So, go turn off the car, go back and load the walkers, then head out.
Get to the beauty shop. Get out to get Dessa's walker (duh, can't open trunk!!!), So, turn off car, get the walker, set it up, get Dessa out of the car and into the beauty shop. Go back out to the car, get GaGa's walker, set it up, get him into the barber shop next door. Wow, I'm already tired;) And, Beau is screaming! So, we hang out, I pull out the goldfish, teddy grahams, sippy cup, toys....whatever it took to keep him happy.
About 15 minutes later, I see GaGa getting out of the barber chair. Go in, help him get his coat on, get the walker, make it back to the car, get him loaded, fold up walker, try to open trunk (duh, won't open), turn off car, get walker in trunk, get in the car and head back to Golden Years with GaGa. Get walker out, se it up, get him back into his apartment. Run back out to car, Beau is screaming, and head to the bank.
Drive through the bank, head back to the beauty shop. Beau is finally asleep. Get there, wait a little longer, then get Dessa, get her in the car, fold up walker, try to open trunk (seriously, I did it EVERY time), go turn off car, go back and open trunk, put walker in, and head out.
GaGa and Dessa want KFC for lunch, so drive through KFC. Get chicken, head back to Golden Years. Get there, get out to get walker (forget, go turn off car), get walker, set it up, get Dessa and chicken back into the apartment. Get them both sitting at the table eating and head out.
Beau is still sleeping, head to mom and dad's house to get my car. Get to their house, move Beau over to my car, move all my groceries over to my car, get mom's car in their garage and head home.
Seriously, it is only 12:15. Put Beau in the high chair, while he is eating start a load of laundry, unload the dishwasher, start the pot of soup for parent/teacher conferences. Beau is acting sleepy, so rock him and put him down for a nap.
Now, I am sitting here at 2:00, eating my lunch in front of the computer, listening to Beau scream. That 20 minute cat nap in the car will be the DEATH OF ME!!! He will not go back to sleep if he falls asleep in the car. Ever.
So, I say again, I'm writing this down for my own memory. Just to remind myself that there is never an EASY time. I'm so thankful that GaGa and Dessa are here, and that I can help them. I'm also thankful for a little spunky 14 month old that won't sleep. I'm very thankful that I am healthy and have the ability to help my family when they need it. And, I'm especially thankful to hear that little Georgia is happy and growing in her mommy's tummy and that she is going to get to cook for a little while longer!!!
5 comments:
Erin I laughed so hard reading that post! That sounds just like something that I would do keep forgetting and doing it over and over and over again! lol I needed a little humor in my life today thanks for sharing! :-)
I'm tired just from reading all of that. Whew!
Is this week 2 for your groceries? Scott is starting to panic we will starve I think? ha!
Exhausting!! You are a great person for helping them out!!
The envelopes REALLY keep you focused. I am so scared I'll put too much in and embarrass myself at the register or run out of money--so if we don't need it, I don't buy it.
Girl, you stayed SO busy! I'm gonna get a nap now after reading all of that!
Post a Comment