Monday, February 14, 2011

King and Queen of Hearts Ball

Saturday night was the big finale for the Cotillion season...The King and Queen of Hearts Ball.  Blake has continued to really enjoy cotillion and this night was no different:)


He looked SO handsome!!
 Parents were invited to attend, so Travis and I got dressed up to go with him!
 The every popular "Electric Slide".  A fun way to start out the night!
 All the students voted at January's cotillion for the "king" and "queen" for their grade level.  There is also a "court" which is the 1st and 2nd runners up for each grade.  Blake was the 2nd runner up boy for the 5th grade!!!  SO EXCITING!!!  Travis and I knew ahead of time, but Blake had no idea!!!  It was so fun to see Blake recognized for something he did well!!! 

I didn't get a good picture of the king and queen and their "court", but here is a picture of Blake with Blakely, the 2nd runner-up girl.  They were pretty darn cute!!  Lauren Meeker was the 1st runner up girl and Sarah Beth Moore was the QUEEN!!
 Parents were invited to dance with their child, so Blake and I got to dance together.  We were doing the "rhumba".  Interesting!!
 He was so sweet and polite to me.  I really enjoyed getting to dance with him!!
 At one point he said his arm was SO tired.  He had to rest it:)
 The guest speaker for the evening was Tyler Wilson!!  It was really great to hear him talk about his experience in the Greenwood Junior Cotillion and how the things he learned are helping him today!  He was SO sweet to pose for pictures and sign autographs during refreshment time.
 Before refreshments, the students have a "grand march" around the PAC.  Blake escorted Lauren.  (He has a secret crush that may not be so secret anymore:).  The teen leaders made a "bridge" for them to walk under.
 Fun!
 Here are Lauren, Blake, and another girl (I don't know her name) heading to refreshments.
 Me and my sweetie!!!
 My two handsome men!
 I just love this picture.  Blake, Mason, and Dane have become good friends.  They were all so handsome!!
 Miss Queen Sarah Beth and Hadley hanging out with sweet Jasper!!
 I love this picture, too!!  It is all the 5th graders from East Pointe that they made for the yearbook!
 The boys.  This will need to be in their senior yearbook!!!
I just can't say enough about the Junior Cotillion program.  Mary Ann Sandifer does an excellent job of running a program that really teaches good manners and social skills.  I'm thrilled at the progress Blake has made in the past few months!!  He has become much more comfortable around girls, and can even ask them to dance without "dying".  I am very proud of him!!  He is already excited about next year!!

1 comment:

meeksmiles33 said...

It was a great year! I am glad Blake was there for Lauren! It is great to know she has a good friend like him! You should be proud, he is a nice young man!