Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is probably my least favorite holiday.  I think it is WAY over-rated.  I feel like it forces you to spend money to "prove" to someone that you love them.  That being said....I also love a great surprise!

On Valentine's morning Evan came in my room with a red rose and 2 cards.  He had asked Travis to take him shopping the day before to buy me something.  He spent his own money and picked out everything himself.  He was so proud and I was SO happy.  Blake is usually the one who thinks ahead and plans, so I was glad to see Evan thinking ahead this time.
The 2nd grade at East Pointe took a field trip on Valentine's Day to see the play Snow White and then to Pizza Warehouse to eat and play.  Travis and I met Evan's class there.  I was glad I got to go, because this year making these field trips has been harder with Beau.
All the kids burned through there tokens in NO time!!
Feeding the ticket machine!
Me and my Valentine!  He played one of those silly "claw" machines and actually won the ball he is holding:)
And, a picture of Ev's Valentine sack before I threw it away...
This post seems all about Ev but I also had a great day with the rest of my Valentine's!  Blake made me a sweet Valentine's note after he realized what Evan had done:)  I didn't make it to Blake's party becuase it was in the afternoon and Beau HAD to take a nap.  But, he brought home a sack full of "stuff" and said it was fun!

Travis and I had agreed not to get each other anything, in hopes that instead we might could go on a date sometime this week.  That didn't happen, but I had have high hopes for next week:)  But, he did order me a jacket that I have been wanting and it was delivered on Valentine's day.  So, it kinda felt like a Valentine's gift:)

All of the boys got sweet gifts from both sets of grandparents.  I didn't take pictures of either, but the big boys LOVE cold hard cash right now and Beau is pretty proud of his Pillow Pet and blue doggy:)

It was a good day and I'm SO very thankful that I have the most amazing husband in the world.  He is truly amazing and  love that I get to celebrate being with him everyday, not just Valentine's Day!!!

No comments: