Friday, December 13, 2013

December Happenings...

December is always a busy month.  It has been COLD!!!  Beau spends most of his days at home in his footsie jammies.  He says he just likes to stay comfortable:)
 
He has really enjoyed some of his birthday presents.  He loves to practice letters and writing:)
 
 

I absolutely couldn't make it without these girls!  They are my support group, my sounding board, and my best friends!!  Miles haven't stopped us from staying close.  We have an ongoing group text stream that we keep hot daily!!  We have trouble all getting together at once, and one Monday we were all texting together and realized we were all free that night!  So, we met at Cracker Barrel in Alma like good senior citizens:)  We closed the place down!!
 Sherry volunteered to be in charge of decorating the stage at the PAC for our church Christmas Eve service.  It involved some decorating in early December so that the decorations could be used for all of the December events.  We put together and decorated 2 of these 9ft. trees one day.  They turned out beautifully!
 Our big new thing this year was that Buddy the Elf came to visit us.  This was our first year for an Elf on the Shelf and Beau LOVED it!!  He absolutely fell in love with "Buddy" and did not want to disappoint him.  The very first night, we read the story, and we walked in Beau's room after he had been in there and found this.  He was devastated because he touched Buddy and he "lost his magic".  He got on the floor and apologized to Buddy.  Thankfully, Buddy was okay and came back the next morning.  It was SO fun to look for Buddy every morning!!  Blake and Evan were a "big help" with Buddy.  They loved him too:)
 Evan and Jonathan both competed in the chess tournament.  They did great and both got a medal:)
 Beau Beau LOVES his puzzles.  Notice, footsie jammies again!
 I had these sweet bibs and burp cloths monogrammed for baby Gus.  I thought they turned out SO cute!
 After my total loser effort at Halloween, I made some pretty cute treat bags for Beau's class for Christmas:)
 The Sunday after the ice storm, our church only had 1 service.  We went to the Edge and since the Daniel's church in Booneville was cancelled, they came also.  It was fun to sit in church together.
 These 2 might have had a little too much fun!
 After church mom and I ventured out in the ice to a few Greenwood Open Houses.  We made it on the Greenwood Flower Shop FB page;)
 This is a VERY rare sight.  He actually fell asleep on the couch!!
 Evan found one of my Ugly Christmas Sweaters and tried it on one night, complete with Santa necklace.  He thought he rocked it!
 I went to the 4th annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at Melissa's one morning.  I thought this cat sweater was awesome!!
 My sweet boy!!
 Blake had a Christmas choir concert on Dec. 10.  He had a solo and he did absolutely amazing.  I was SO proud of him!!  Who knew that a child of Travis and I would be able to sing?? Well, he CAN!!!
 I have been a sheet selling machine!  We are selling sheets for a fundraiser for Evan's baseball team and it has been a huge success. I have sold over 50 sets so far!!
And that's what we've been up to lately!!

No comments: